Night lights

This is it! I tell myself as I'm standing in front of the mirror, rearranging my new dress.

     Yes, I did follow Lala's advice and I bought a long black dress with a generous cut on the side.

      A few loose curls, a little makeup, a pair of Louboutin's and the night can begin.

     I'm not sure why I'm stressing out about this because I usually have things my way. And for the times that I don't, I work on it until they do.
    Tonight isn't going to be different.

    Karla actually sent a car to get me which is a little unusual from her. Even though she gives us good money for what we do, she tries to spare the rest of expenses, "cut the losses", how she likes to call it. A cheapass... what I really think.

     My phone vibrated, letting me know that my ride arrived.

      I left my apartment with an easy heart like something was calling me to a different place. And even though I was nervous for tonight I was also excited. This evening my life might change. And I'll be damned if I'll let anything stand in my way!

    The night had a certain magic to it and as I traveled to my destination I noticed the city lights shined brighter, making me appreciate the beauty of darkness.

    The vehicle pulled out in front of the red carpet and the paparazzi flashes started to twinkle outside the car window. But, they soon came to an end, realizing that I'm no one of great importance to them.

    I breathed out, relieved that I escaped the unwanted attention. I do want success but in my line of work. And seeing my face in some useless tabloid is definitely not on my to-do list.

     I've made my way through the lobby and entered the biggest room I ever saw.

      Hundreds of people were gathered under the same roof and I realized that finding Karla or any of my coworkers will be a tough mission.

     My eyes were now set on the bar and the thought of having a small drink to release a little of my stress became very appealing.

     Easier said than done, because, on my way to the first destination of the night, a hand from the crowd grabbed me, forcing me to stop walking.

     I turned around and my face came inches apart from a white dress shirt. I had to look up since the stylishly dressed man was much taller than me.

     He was a sight for sore eyes!

     A perfect Tom Ford tuxedo, that let half an inch of his dress shirt out in the open, made it obvious that this man had both good taste and money.

     His mysterious hazel eyes, completed by a seducing smile made him irresistible to almost all womankind... except for me. He just wasn't my type, even though I'm more than sure that every lady in this room is craving to be in his presence.

     "You finally came!" he smirked while brushing his bottom lip with his tongue.

     "I'm not sure I know you, let alone that you were expecting me" I chuckled. The truth was that I didn't know him, but I definitely knew who he was.
     Augusto Enzo, a young Italian businessman, that made a small fortune with some online sporting goods shops.

     I wished his taste in the art would match the one he has for clothes. Unfortunately, I remember reading an article about him spending a great sum of money on some paintings that I wouldn't have hanging in my living room even if it was for free.