Notice!

The Cosmic Awards is thrilled to begin another year of services with our new and former participants. Congratulations to all who have been accepted. As for those who are yet to be accepted, fret not, your entry is still in progress. Remember the deadline closes on the 17th of December 2019, so there's no need to worry.

All stable organisations consist of rules and regulations, this award is no exception. We expect each and every person considering to enter —and those who have already entered— to respect and follow them. The rules were not created for unnecessary or pointless reasons, so it is our right to expect all contestants to follow them. We also reserve the right to eliminate all participants/judges who do not respect (by purposely and accidentally violating) the standards we have set.

We have previously discussed the rules and we will mention them once again —for the last time. We, the Cosmic team, do not jest when it comes to the rules.

PARTICIPANTS

1. To become a participant, add the hashtag #thecosmicawards2019 or #TCA to your novel. This should be amongst the other tags of your story. If for some circumstances, your tagging area is full then please add the hashtag #thecosmicawards2019/#TCA within the description of your novel. This is a mandatory.

If you were accepted without having done this, then please be aware that we will be going through our list to check each and every novel to ensure you've done so. If you haven't added the hastag within the tag section of the story or on your novel's description, then you will be automatically disqualified. This will be viewed as an incomplete submission and a violation to the rules and regulations of the awards.

2. Ensure you're following the official profile of The Cosmic Awards ( thecosmicawards ) and add "the Cosmic Awards 2019 Edition" to your library. This is to make sure you're up-to-date with the any and all announcements and rubric. Following mikrokus and sfeiten is optional, but would be appreciated.

3. Any entry pulled during the judging period or one that has failed to notify us of major changes (Eg. title, username change, randomly publishing and un-publishing, etc) will be automatically disqualified. We will not put our judges through any kind of distress by searching for any entry. We take care and prioritise our staf.

4. Any bribery/attempt to bribe the head administrator, founder and/or judges is most definitely not permitted. Any foul play will be noticed and those involved will be eliminated, blacklisted and banned. Unnecessary rude and uncalled behaviour will not be tolerated. We will give two strikes and by the third, you will be eliminated. Do not test our patience.

JUDGES

Seeing as we take care of our staff, we also take care of our participants. To maintain a healthy relationship between the main administrator, founder and participants, it is strictly forbidden to:

1. Go accord with any and all bribing. You and the involved individual/s will be immediately disqualified, blacklisted and banned from this award. We will take it upon our shoulders to notify all the awards we come in contact with of this behaviour.

2. Be unfair and biased. If you are uncomfortable to review any novel containing LGBTQ+, mature or anything else, notify us beforehand. We will not allow any novel to be discarded, not read and judged for no reason.

3. Leak results. If anything of this kind is noticed (which it will be), we will have to let you go. If we cannot trust you, you cannot be a vital member in our team. We expect our team to follow and respect our rules.

4. Be rude and show uncalled for behavior. We will be somewhat lenient regarding this, seeing as we will be gracious enough to give two strikes. By the third strike, you will be eliminated. We are not a parent/guardian to raise anyone, we will not be kind to those undeserving of it.

———————

Although we may have strict rules, we do it with a purpose. If you respect and follow our rules, you will be rewarded and respect will be reciprocated. Judges and participants alike will receive their prizes if deserving of it. We hold all of you to a high standard, because we know that you are cosmic authors and judges. We want to give you every prize you deserve, but that can only happen if you respect us and our rules.

Thank you for your time and for already following the rules of the award.

Yours Sincerely,

The Cosmic Team.