2.

Flashback to few months earlier.

Rin's POV

Life takes unexpected turns, mine did too. The breadwinner of my house, our protector, my father suddenly died. Why does god do this to us? Take the ones we love the most. I can't wrap my head around the reality of my father being dead.

"Unnie." Jinsu, my younger brother runs in my small room.
I look at him and slowly stop writing on my diary.
"Omma is calling you come, hurry hurry." He pulls me excitedly.
I smile a little seeing him so excited. My smile dies down as we walk in the living room. A well dressed elderly man is sitting in our living room couch, in front of him are tonnes of shopping bags.

"Rin, you remember Mr. Park right?" My mother looks at me and gesture me to bow.
I bow politely, and yes I do remember him. Him and my father were best friends, and he used to live next door. Mr. Park's hard work paid off and he's now one of the richest person in Korea. He always used to send invitations, gifts, and sometimes money but my father never accepted any of it. My father believed if he couldn't give him something in return then he shouldn't take it at the first place.

"Rin, my child you've grown up so beautifully." He walks to me and pats my head.
"Rin he's here to take you." My mother says playing with her fingers.
It's her habit, whenever she's nervous she does that.
"Why Omma?" I ask looking back at her.
"Your father and I promised each other to get our children married to each other. I know your mother will live up to his legacy and never take a penny from me. But my child, when you will be married to my son it would be your legal right to have lavishes that I can offer. You can help your young brother with his education and what not." He smiles at me and slowly takes both my hands in his.
I slowly look at Jinsu who looks so happy after so long. He is immensely excited seeing all the gifts Mr. Park brought.

A blush creeps to my cheeks remembering about Jimin, when we were young we used to promise each other that we will get married when we grow up.
Now that promise is coming true.
"Are you okay with this?" My mom asks me.
I nod my head looking down trying to control my stupid grin.
"Oh I'm so happy dear." Mr. Park smiles widely at me.
"Go pack up dear." He adds.
My mother slowly holds my hand and takes me to my room.
"Rin, are you sure you want to marry him? That too a court marriage?" She ask caressing my cheek.
"Omma I like Jimin, he's very sweet. And he promised he will always take care of me. Remember we used to play all the time when we were kids." I blush looking down at my lap.
"I hope you have a happy life Rin, you deserve all the happiness in this world my child." She pulls me in a hug and starts crying.
"Omoni don't cry now." I smile letting my tears fall.

________________________

We walk in a huge mansion, I stare around trying to figure out where it all starts and where it ends.
"Dear come sit, Jimin will be here shortly." His dad makes me sit on a couch.
I sit down feeling excited, I will see Jimin after so long.
"Dad weren't you suppose to go to a business trip?" Jimin walks down the stairs.
I slowly stand up on my feet seeing him. Oh my god! He's so handsome.
"Jimin meet Rin, your to be wife." His dad looks at the lawyer, who takes out some papers.
"Excuse me, dad are you out of your mind. There's no way I'm marrying this girl." He get annoyed and starts yelling.
I look down silently holding on my luggage's handle tightly.
"She's perfect for you, and you always wanted to marry her when you were younger." His dad chuckles patting his shoulder.
"Well I'm not a child anymore dad and I won't marry her stop this madness. Mom tell him something." Jimin says looking at his mother.
"Honey she's different then us, Jimin won't be able to bond with her come on don't force him." His mom looks me up and down.
"You will marry her, if you're my son you will keep the value of my promise." His dad says now with a serious demeanour.
Jimin looks around looking ready to kill someone.
"Sure dad." He walks to the lawyer and snatches the papers and signs on them and walks up the stairs and vanishes in few seconds.
"Come dear sign the papers." His father hands me the papers smiling.
I slowly sign them and hand them back to him.
"Welcome home, you're a Park now." He smiles patting my head.
"Come here, take her to Jimin's room and take good care for her okay." He calls a maid and hands her my luggage.
The maid nods and bows at me, I bow back at her and follow her up the stairs looking around.

After a while of walking she opens a huge double and walks in. I follow her in and see Jimin sitting on a huge bed going through his phone.
"Don't say she's going to stay here." He throws his phone on the ground, shattering it.
"Mr. Park's order sir." She puts my luggage down and walks out closing the door behind.
I slowly walk to Jimin and smile looking at him.
"Hi, Jimin do you remember me? I guess not I'm Rin, remember we used to play together." I smile widely at him.
"How can I forget a selfish slut like you." He stands up and walks closer to me.
My smile dies down and I walk back seeing him walk to me.
"Listen you bitch, don't even try to be near me and don't you dare try to be my wife." He grabs my hair harshly and pulls on it making some of it rip off my scalp.
I groan closing my eyes, leaning back on the wall. He lets me go and stomps out of the room, leaving me in tears.