XVIII

Seokjin walks into the room and sighs at all the bodies scattered around the place, wicked red smiles etched onto their faces. He walk through, stepping over bodies, until he reaches what he assumes is Taecyeon's wife.

Seokjin snaps towards the medical examiner on scene and motions her to come close.

"Mrs. Ok, am I correct?" He asks. The woman nods before fixes the glasses that were sliding off her nose slowly.

"Yes. As you can see, she wasn't killed like the rest of them were. The Joker must have killed her off to put Mr. Ok through hell." Seokjin nods, clicking the pen in his hand repeatedly.

Taehyung approaches him when the examiner walks off and he looks at Taecyeon's body.

"I feel bad for the guy. He's was kind of like the political symbol of peace in the city." Seokjin scoffs at his comment.

"Please. The bastard was taking the citizens' fear of the crime world and turning it into a campaign. He was never going to act on his words." He walks away and into the hallway, meeting some of the party attendants who left prior to the horrifying events. One of them was extremely familiar.

"Yoongi? Hey, it's been a while." The smaller chuckles, a solemn expression on his face.

"Yeah. Unfortunately, it had to be under these circumstances. Maybe a high school reunion would be more suitable." Seokjin smiles before pulling him to the side. Taehyung doesn't hesitate to do so with another attendant to question them.

"So...what were you doing at a party like this?" Seokjin questions.

"Taecyeon hired me for photos. But I dipped out about an hour before the shit went down. I did my job and then I was out. The vibes I was getting weren't sitting with me." Seokjin nods before his next question.

"Wait...you were personally hired? How did you know Taecyeon?"

Yoongi is hesitant to answer the question, reaching up to run at the back of his neck.

"Um, I don't think that's really important." He says, avoiding eye contact. Seokjin makes sure to take a mental note of that.

"But, there's was something at the party that threw me off. Especially with the recent missing people's reports coming out." He pulls his camera out of his bag and goes through its photos. He makes a sound of relief and hands the older the camera.

Seokjin's expression drops and his heart begins to pound in his chest. His eyes started to tear up as he looked at the picture of his little brother.

"Saw his pretty face and took the picture as soon as he wasn't looking. He disappeared into the kitchen and I left minutes after. I do remember him walking in with Administrator Lim, however." Seokjin stares at the photo as tears fell.

He wanted to find words to respond to his old friend, to thank him, but his thoughts were chaotic in his mind.

"Seokjin? What's wrong?" Taehyung asks after coming up to him. Seokjin hands him the camera before turning away.

"Is this real?" Taehyung asks, not completely convinced from his shock. Seokjin shakes his head.

"This...why the fuck would my missing brother be here?!" He yells, catching everyone's attention.

"Why was he here over an hour before the shit went down? What the fuck could he possibly be doing?" Yoongi approaches him hesitantly.

"Jin, just calm down."

"Calm down?! My brother could be out here running around killing people for fucks sake!" Taehyung hands the camera back to Yoongi before grabbing onto his partner.

"Hey! Hey, listen to me...it's a photo. There's no evidence that he was involved in this shit. He coulda just been here and left soon after your friend did. We can't assume anything right now." He says. He sighs when more tears fall down the older's face.

"But Lim was the first to-"

"Seokjin, don't. It's okay. We'll figure this one out. We know he's alive. He's out there breathing. Maybe he escaped from the Joker and he's after him. To keep him from spilling. Maybe that's why Lim was killed first. All more reason to find him, right?" Seokjin nods and he lets Taehyung wipes his face to rid it of his tears.

"Okay...okay yeah. We'll find him." Seokjin says, more to convince himself. Taehyung smiles at him.

"There we go. And we will find him. I promise that." Seokjin nods once more at him. Taehyung grabs onto Seokjin's hand and holds it tightly before rounding everyone up to leave the scene.

They got down to their car and Taehyung doesn't let go of his hand. He looks at Seokjin, who kept his head down. Before he can slide the key into the ignition, he sighs before lifting their hands up. Seokjin looks at him when he feels Taehyung's lips on the back of his hand. He wipes his eyes with the other.

"Talk to me about any of your worries. About anything. I'm right here with you." Seokjin smiles at him as he nods, his cheeks going pink.

"Okay...I promise I will." He says before moving their hands to kiss the back of Taehyung's. The action makes his smile that wide smile of his...the one Seokjin had always been fond of.

"Alright, lets go."

*************

An exhausting sigh leaves Jimin's lips as he laid upon the younger's chest, the sound of his heartbeat soothing him. Jungkook had his right hand wrapped around the smaller's waist as the other hand caressed his bare thigh.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asks once he hears the sigh. Jimin looks up at him with a smile, pressing a kiss on his chin.

"Nothing...you just wore me out." The comment makes Jungkook laugh loudly, Jimin loving the rapid rise and fall of his lover's chest.

"My bad, darlin'. I promise t'be careful next time." Jimin hits his on his chest as he laughs more.

"So...what do we do next? What we did to TaeTae will blow up big time." Jimin says. He smiles when he feels Jungkook place a soft kiss onto his forehead.

"An opportunity will arise soon enough, my love. For now, we do what we do best." Jimin sits up and smiles at him before straddling the younger.

"Oh yeah...and what's that?"

Jungkook hooks a finger under Jimin's chin before pulling him close to kiss him deeply.

"Bringing Gotham misery." The older bites his bottom lip, draping his arms over Jungkook's shoulders.

"Sounds so much fun, puddin'." He says before giggling. Jungkook curses under his breath.

"How could I ever get enough of your cute ass?"

"You know you never could."