Chapter 8

(Sting's POV)

I walked through the streets of Magnolia, alone.Rogue and I were heading back to Sabertooth, the best guild,after completing a job.Rogue had had something to do by himself in the neighbouring town.While walking, I remembered that this was the city in which the Fairy Tail guild building was.This made me think of my promise to Lector.I was definitely going to beat Salamander in the Grand Magic Games and prove to everyone that I was the best Dragon Slayer!On my way,I noticed Dragneel himself sitting with who I assumed was his guildmate not far from where I was walking.I was sure that it was Dragneel.No-one else had hair that shade of pink.Not knowing why I did it, I sneaked over and hid behind a tree.From my current position, I could eavesdrop on them without getting caught.Dragneel was hugging the arm of a blonde girl, looking completely infatuated.I frowned, disappointed that the person who I considered to be one of my greatest rivals was interested in worthless things like love.Suddenly, a short blue-haired girl approached them."Natsu, could you come back to the guild for a second?The fire that Mira was using to cook went out and we've run out of matches.", she said cheerfully.Then, after a moment, she made a face as if she had just realized something important."Sorry, I meant to say that to Juvia!Things have gotten really confusing after you guys switched magics!", she apologized,rushing away.My jaw dropped.Switching magics?!What did she mean by that?The idea was absurd but I was sure that I heard her right.Then, I smirked.I could use this information to defeat Dragneel! I stayed there, hoping to hear more. Unfortunately, they got up and walked away.I thought of what I just overheard.I was so focused that I didn't notice Rogue sneaking up behind me."Why are you hiding behind a tree?You look super suspicious, you know." I let out a high-pitched scream.I turned around to see him smirking at me."WIPE THAT SMUG LOOK OFF OF YOUR FACE!", I yelled angrily."Seriously, though,.What exactly were you doing?I'm curious.", Rogue asked not looking curious at all.I told him about the Fairy Tail mages swapping powers.He looked at me disbelievingly. At least, I think he did.He was always so emotionless so it was hard to tell."I'm surprised that you have enough imagination to come up with a story that ridiculous.", Rogue said.

"I AM NOT MAKING IT UP!"

                          _________________________________________________________

(3rd Person's POV)

Natsu and Lucy entered the guild hall.The guild members were usually loud and destructive but they seemed much more subdued.Most of them were staring uncomfortably at Makarov.He looked solemn.The reason why this unsettled the guild was because Makarov only looked like that when something important happened."Natsu,Lucy, Gray, Juvia, Erza and Happy.Come to my office immediately."The six mentioned followed him up the stairs to his office, uneasily.Makarov closed the door after them, a grave look on his face."The other guilds have found out about you switching powers.Fortunately, they only know that Lucy, Natsu and Juvia swapped magics and they don't know if or when we can undo the spell's effects", he said.Everyone in the office stared at him open-mouthed.Now that their secret was out, the other guilds would focus more on defeating them in the Games.That meant that they would have a harder time at the Grand Magic Games.This was devastating for them because they desperately wanted to win for their guildmates who had been laughed at for so long.Makarov sent them out of the office, all of them looking depressed.After they had left, he sighed.He was worried about them.They were all trying their best but there was always something in their way...

                           _________________________________________________________

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! Like I said in the previous chapter, I was  thinking about the plot of the story and I decided..........absolutely nothing.I'm still figuring it out.I should've thought about the plot before publishing this but I'm dumb.

MiraTheShipper