Chapter 12

(Lucy's POV)

I was not a powerful mage.

I had known that, even if the guild thought otherwise.I had always depended more on my intelligence than my magic.But my friends had still treated me equally, regardless of my low magical power.I had always been grateful for that.They went out of their way to protect me, even though I couldn't give them anything in return.

So, why couldn't I protect them, even when they gave so much to me?

The others would've told me that it wasn't my fault but I knew that I could have saved them.I had known that the spell wasn't going to help Natsu beat Gray.I should've taken them away from the library the moment Natsu had uttered the curse.

It was too late now.We were going to die.

And I couldn't do anything about it.

I couldn't even comfort my friends.I had known that Juvia was worried about the curse but I did nothing to help her.I had known that it was bothering her but I had selfishly opted to ignore her.

'I'm worse than dirt.'

These self-deprecating thoughts kept me awake.I stared at the ceiling.The moment I fell asleep, I was awoken by terrible nightmares.In my nightmares, everyone finally realised how worthless I was and they left me alone.I would rather stay awake than relive that.It was too horrifying for words.I could only hope that my dreams would never turn into reality.Before I knew it, tears had started rolling down my cheeks.

I didn't know what I would do if they weren't with me.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a window opening.I got up, ready to attack if I saw anything suspicious.The sound of footsteps was extremely loud.Whoever this trespasser was, they weren't very discreet.And it sounded like there were more than one of them.My hopes were sinking.How could I win against multiple people?It was midnight so everyone would be asleep.No one would hear me if I screamed for help.And they were in the way of the door, which was my only way out.These intruders were smart.They could kill me and no-one would know.There was no way to fight them.

'I'm going to die anyway.What's the point in delaying the inevitable?I should just get it over with.Everyone will be better off without me.'

Gathering all my courage,I stepped out of my room, prepared to face the trespassers.I had not been expecting what I saw.It was utter chaos.Cana was rummaging through my kitchen cabinet, probably looking for alcohol.I think she had broken one of my plates.Juvia was sitting in the corner, staring out of the window and crying.Wendy was passed out on the table.Levy and Mira were giggling together and talking about ships.Erza was yelling at everyone to bring her more alcohol.I couldn't help but laugh.They all seemed drunk.Cana looked up at me.She frowned and narrowed her eyes."Why do you look like you've been crying?"I smiled reassuringly."It's nothing.Don't worry about it."I walked up to the kitchen and started looking through the cabinets with her."I'm in the mood for a drink.What about you?"She grinned at me.I smiled back at her.

I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't came.

They had helped me more than they knew.

                    ______________________________________

(3rd Person's POV)

The next day, Natsu found the girls passed out drunk in Lucy's kitchen.He had immediately turned around and left.

After all, who wants to deal with drunk Fairy Tail girls?

Certainly not Natsu.He didn't have a death wish.

                                    ______________________________________

A.N:

No, I'm not dead and I haven't abandoned this.Seriously though, I am really sorry for not updating for so long.The only reason is that I'm an asshole.I'll try to update more often.

MiraTheShipper