Here Comes A New Villain

Sarah was on her hands and knees, holding Caleb down so that he would not escape from her. Caleb was terrified. He had screamed bloody murder and was now crying harder.

"So this is how my life ends," Caleb said. "I wet my pants and get killed off by a hot girl that is not as hot as my girlfriend Cindy."

The part where he had called her hot was so ridiculous...that it was enough to snap Sarah out of it. Her eyes softened, and she returned to normal.

"Oh..." She pulled her hands off the poor boy and rubbed her forehead with the tips of her fingers. "...why do I have a headache?"

"Maybe it is because you acted like a wolf again and scared Caleb to death," Sarah Oscar explained. "You are lucky that he is still alive."

"I do not know about that," Caleb remarked, his stomach heaving up and down. "It feels as if my soul left my body."

"You are fine." She put her arms under his and pulled him up. "There." She dusted off the back of his clothes.

The other Sarah was blinking rapidly and feeling her face. She was taking in what Sarah Oscar had told her.

"I...was a...wolf?"

"No, you were not an actual wolf," Sarah Oscar said. Although...you might be turning into one."

Sarah had on a scared look as she could feel little hairs on her cheeks. Hairs that were not supposed to be there.

"Sweetheart, we will figure out what is happening to you," Stine reassured her. "There has to be a way to reverse the effects."

His daughter could not hold in the tears and burst out crying. "I am a monster..."

"You are not a monster, sweetie." Stine reached for her.

"No!" She then roared and slashed him.

"Ah!" He pulled back and checked his arm. He was lucky. Only his sleeve was cut.

"It is getting worse," Sarah Oscar confirmed. "Caleb and I need to find the cure before it is too late."

The writer lowered his arm and gulped. "What do you mean by that?"

"You know what I mean. She will be this way forever."

He trembled as he stared at Sarah. "No...how did this even happen?"

"I would be happy to answer your question, Mr. Stine."

He glared at Sarah Oscar. "Did you say that?"

"Not me." She pointed at what - or in this case, who - was now showing him or herself.

Standing in front of them was a girl. She had long, blonde hair and wore a red, long-sleeved shirt, black pants, and black flats.

In her hand was a small tube. A tube of dark purple liquid, and she was moving it left and right.

Stine squinted at her. "Who are you?"

"The name is Ava Campbell, and I can help you."

Back at the antique shop, Tamara had crawled into Gabi Dollson's lap and was on her back. She showed the doll her little feet.

The baby was beginning to cheer up Gabi, and Gabi tickled the precious feet.

"You are so cute and loving. You know that?"