32

"So what now?" I asked quietly, wiping the tears off of my cheeks slowly.

"Now we talk to mom and dad" Ashton spoke, tucking several hairs behind my ears.

"Do we have to?" I questioned slowly.

"Can't keep a surgery secret from your parents, love bug"

I exhaled, nodding lightly in agreement.

After several minutes of just resting into Ashton's hold, Calum spoke.

"I have a surgery in an hour so if you want me with you-" "we need to go now" Ashton completed the sentence for him.

I nodded, standing with him.

We went into Tracey's room, Tracey was asleep in bed, my mom and dad on their phones together.

"Mr and Mrs Gomez, may we have a word?" Ashton questioned quietly.

"Of course" my mom spoke, nodding to a chair beside the couch, making each of us take one.

"So, we've recently discovered something on Aaliyah" Ashton broke slowly, making both of my parents eyes move to me.

"Like what?" My dad questioned.

"It's a lump on her breast, but after running a few tests, we've discovered that it's non cancerous, but she will still need surgery to remove the lump" he spoke carefully, and I immediately saw anger spread across my mothers face,

"You seriously told these guys before you told me that you had a lump?" She questioned.

"Well- I mean, they're doctors" I spoke back, almost immediately regretting my attitude.

"Aaliyah Marie, do you think this is a fucking joke?" She spat as my dad rubbed his forehead, exhaling deeply.

"Obviously not" I spoke back quickly.

She shook her head towards me, her eyes never leaving me.

"We need to discuss when everyone is available for her surgery- she's going to need you for support, because this is a very open and personal operation, she's not going to be comfortable the entire time" Calum spoke quietly towards my mom.

"Bullshit" my mom laughed out.

"Karen-" my mom cut my dad off immediately.

"She's comfortable enough to tell you about a lump in the first place, she obviously doesn't need me" she spoke swiftly.

"Mrs.Gomez, we understand this is difficult, but-" "even if you schedule it on a day I'm free, I will not be there" she spat, making me laugh.

"What about the time Tracey was coughing up blood and didn't tell you?" I shot out.

"She almost fucking died, but yet she hid it from you and told only dad and you didn't give a flying fuck-" "that's because it was your dad, not her doctors" she spat back to me.

"No that's because it was fucking Tracey."

Both my mom and dad stared to me

"I'll do the fucking surgery by myself, it's not like I'm not fucking used to it" I cussed towards them, standing and immediately leaving.

I pace walked down the hall, desperate to make it to the elevator before I had a mental breakdown in front of everyone.

I thankfully got into the elevator alone- immediately breaking down into sobs.

I didn't even know why I was fucking crying.

I turned my back to the door as the elevator opened, not on the main floor of course.

I sniffed, trying to contain my sobs as someone stepped in.

I felt arms wrap around me.

I didn't even know who it was, but I held the arms back, letting the backwards hug embrace me.

"You're okay" Luke's voice whispered to me.

I turned to face him, holding him into me tightly.

"I want to die" I cried into his shoulder.

"No you don't" he spoke calmly, never letting me go, the elevator doors opening and closing for us to get out- but we didn't care.

After several moments I was mainly done crying.

"You're right" I whispered into his shoulder, feeling him pull away to look to me, wiping my tears gently.

"You've got your own loving family right here"