Water Fountain

She told me she loved me by the water fountain

"I love you." She whispered against his chest.

She told me she loved me and she didn't love him

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am completely in love with you. Reggie was only a fling."

And that was really lovely 'cause it was innocent

She looks up in his eyes, love evident in both of their eyes. Young love.

But now she's got a cup with something else in it

They were at a party, he spotted her with a red solo cup. Drinking it, watching the clear liquid go down her throat.

It's getting kinda blurry at a quarter past 10

She starts stumbling around and her vision starts getting blurry but she can spot a clock.
10:25

And he was in a hurry to be to be touching her skin

He went through the bodies of people to find her in the corner in her shirt skater skirt and mustard yellow plaid blazer with a white button up shirt with a ascot tied around her neck.

She's feeling kinda dirty when she's dancing with him

He pulls her in by the waist pulling her into him her body clashing with his. He starts moving his lower half and she does the same, lightly grinding. It felt wrong.

Forgetting what she told me by the water fountain
10:50

The night progresses and she forgets everything. Her train of thought, what she said.

Now he's grabbing her hips, and pulling her in

He puts his hands lightly on her waist moving her hips to the rhythm of the music. He pulls her even closer into his body.

Kissing her lips, and whispering in her ear

He stumbles into a wall and presses her against it. He leans in to kiss her soft pillowy lips before whispering in her ear.

And she knows that she shouldn't listen

She lightly giggles, feeling a pang is regret. But she ignored it.

And that she should be with me by the water fountain

Thoughts start to cloud her mind, images of the water fountain and flashes of red hair.

She couldn't be at home in the night time because it made her feel alone, but at that time she was too young

She got back from the party to an empty, quiet apartment. It made her feel alone, that she was going to come home to the cold apartment everyday.

I was too young

She called him over, he wasn't going to refuse that offer. But he did it without thinking, no real reason.

I should've built a home with a water fountain for us

The moment she told me that she was in love

The night he came over and spent the rest of the night with her in his arms. It was refreshing, a feeling that he could get used to but it also led him to start thinking of the future. A house with a water fountain, a memory of the first time she was in love with him.

Too young

I was too young

Too young, Too young, Too young

2016

Both 16 years old, how can they know what love feels like? How can they be consistent?

And if she ever goes back to the water fountain

The handle will be broken and the rust set in

But my hand, it will be open and I'll try to fix it

The water fountain, they haven't been to in months. But the next day she walked into school she spotted it, but the handle was broken and was very rusty. He walks down the hall and spots her. He walks closer towards her direction and sees her looking down at the water fountain, where the handle used to be. So it was out of function, but he would still find a way to fix it.

My heart, it will be open and I'll try to give it

He was always a vulnerable person, his heart was open to the one he loved the most. He would devote his heart to the one he loved most and give them his heart. His love filled heart, it would reside in the hands of the one he trusted the most.

Now I'm grabbing her hips, and pulling her in

Kissing her lips, and whispering in her ear

And I know that it's only a wish

And that we're not standing by the water fountain

Their first dance together at a dance. His hands resting on her waist all he wanted was to pull her in and kiss her, and he did. He smiled into the kiss before pulling apart and whispering in her ear.

'I wish we were at the Water Fountain'

Too young, too young, too young

She couldn't be at home in the night time

Because it made her feel alone

But at that time she was too young

I was too young

2017
17 Years old

He knew about her fear of being alone, so he would always come over thinking that his presence would help, and it did. Just not in the way he expected, the more time he spent with her the more it became a routine. The more she felt like a burden. But her love guided her way through the mess.

I should've built a home with a fountain for us

The moment that she told me that she was in love

Too Young

I was too young

Too young, too young, too young

2018

18 years old, one more year wiser. But now just turned adults, how can they build trust? How can they have a future, a stable career?

I should've built a with a fountain for us

The moment that she told me she was in love

Too young

I was too young.

Too young to realize that all good things come to an end. That love is always a new feeling, that it was never going to end well.