Mutual

I want you close to me

"Come here!" He says laughing chasing the girl around the room.

I want you close, I want you closer

He grabs her by the waist pulling her close into his chest.

But when you're here with me

She lets out a sigh, and warms into his touch.

It's hard to tell just what you're after

He loosens his grip on her and she moved his arms away from her body leaving the room instantly.

You say, you want all of me today

"Do you want to come over tonight?" She whispered in his ear, placing a kiss on his neck.

But tomorrow's not the same

She walked down the halls ignoring his presence, everywhere she went she avoided him.

My feelings never change

"I don't know what to do. She always does this to me but I still can't help but love her."

"You are in deep nothing good ever comes out of this. You are going to keep getting hurt over and over again.

What do you want from me?

What do you want?

"What do you want from me Veronica?"

I need to know

If this is mutual

"I love you way too damn much but what I'm feeling, is this mutual?"

Before I go

And get way too involved

I want you bad

"I want to know before I go and get way too involved. I want to be with you so bad, but can you reciprocate those feelings?"

Can you reciprocate?

No, I don't want to have to leave

But half of you is not enough for me

"Do you have to go?" She says.

"No, I don't have to, but half of you isn't enough for me." He says one last time to the girl before turning on his heel and exiting the room.

This inconsistency

What doesn't mean you got me questioning

The way you act and take it back, do I mean anything?

She walked up to him when he was at his locker. She pulled his face towards her and planted her lips onto his. She pulled away with instant regret and left him alone at the locker.

___________

When he was walking down the halls he felt himself get pulled into an empty classroom.