13

Camila's POV

It's been 3 days since we've lost Sophia. Nobody really brought it up — it's like non of them were really bothered.

Right now, we were in the mall getting supplies for the night. I don't know why, but we planned to go separate ways.

They assigned me to get the medicine. Which is why I was in the pharmacy department looking around all alone. The shelves were fully stocked with different types of medicine. I had no idea where to start or what to actually get.

I looked up and scanned each label carefully and grabbed anything that looked like an antibiotic or pain killer — I dumped all the medicine that did. I made sure to bring bunch of sanitizers.

After doing so, I turned the corner and bumped into an infected human being. The force and shock knocking both of us down on the floor. The basket contents spilled all over the floor — my gun slid far from my reach.

I scrambled backwards as the zombie snapped up at me and tried to get itself back up. My back hit the pharmacy counter and I used it as a leverage to get myself onto my shaky feet.

The infected thing reached me as it stumbled forward. There was a big chunk missing from its shoulder and the wound leaked a dark red color of blood onto its grocery uniform.

In my panic, I literally almost forgot I still had a pistol tucked in my waist. I pulled it out and cracked it. I held it high and pulled the trigger, the bullet went straight to the zombie's chest causing it to fall backwards.

My hands were shaking uncontrollably, I was scared shitless. The zombie groaned and got back up. My hands were shaking so bad I couldn't hold the gun up properly. I aimed again. The zombie only 2 steps away from me. It's now or never.

I pulled the trigger, and its blood went spraying in the air from its head. "Fuck you!" I said, once the infected human being fell to the floor, now complete dead.

I took a breath for a minute before bending down to pick up the medicine and supplies that I had dropped. After collecting all of the medicine, I took my shotgun and got up. I walked back to the place we planned to meet up at.

I saw Lauren leaning against a pillar — she was waiting for me. "They're in the parking lot looking for a new car," She explained and held her hand out; probably wanting to help me carry one of the baskets since my hands were full.

Instead of giving her the basket, I balanced the shotgun in the basket and took her hand in mine."Camz, I was gonna help you carrying the basket," The green-eyed girl said.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes, "Just admit that what I did was smooth, Jauregui," I nudged her shoulder.

"Fine, it was smooth... Now, can I help you?" I nodded, handing her the basket filled with medicine.

I was about to lead us to find the others, but Lauren stopped me, "Wait... I need to ask you something...." She began. "What- What are we? I mean- are we back together? Because I'm confused... I don't know how to act especially when Ariana is around since you two are together-"

"Actually... Ariana was a distraction- I'm sorry I didn't say sooner- She insisted for all the days we've been all together and I gave in since she kept pressing- I still have to talk to her. I- I always loved you, I hope you know that."

"I always loved you too- I'm sorry too that I didn't say anything since we got trapped in that basement. I wanted to, but I didn't know how to approach you. I- I love you, Camz. I have always cared for you," She smiled. "We seriously need to talk when this is all over."

I nodded.