Washing away the guilt

Turns out this chapel that 'booker' had been talking about is a police base they call jumpstreet? As Tom explained to me whilst he helped me out of the car "we are undercover police officers, if you cooperate with our captain than we can cut you a deal" he spoke soothingly whilst Booker pulled me along by my upper arm I can feel a red mark under his hand already...

Booker pushed me through the doors and into what could be described as a squad room of sorts, "sit down and start talking girly" pushing me rather roughly into a chair at a table occupied by the older McQuaid brother and a pretty girl as well as an Asian guy "booker what the hell why'd you drag Charlaine in here in cuffs" doug stood up and pushed the dark haired man back rather roughly "because little Charlie here confessed to not 1 but 2 officers that he had been consuming narcotics" by this point I was still in shock my mind buzzing, my ears ringing and my throat as dry as sand.

"Come on Charlie you gotta talk... Trust us we can get you out of all this as long as you give us the information we need" dough had clearly been getting frustrated with my lack of help with their investigation "trust? Let's talk about trust? 'McQuaid' you want my trust you gotta prove I can trust you!" My outburst had caught even myself by surprise "Charlie my names Judy Hoffs, look we know your caught up in all this... We know your tied to Arie's gang and we know that you know what happened to that kid... This is your chance to wash away the guilt" she's right... "Tea... Please my throats dry"

The man they call 'Harry' set down a hot cup of tea for me as he sat down on the seat to the right of Tom whom sat on the edge of the table beside me "just tell us what happened" this is it...

"Chang 'snake eye' as he's known by Arie and his gang he got sold some really bad lace... Aries doing no one could have functioned with that much cocaine in their system... Snake eye started to step on Aries toes he started getting demanding and careless, Arie wanted to make an example out of him" sipping softly at my tea between pauses I could almost feel the weight being lifted off my shoulders "how do you know all this?" Judy intruded into the conversation "Arie is my care giver" saying those 5 little words their faces turned from stern to pity "so your stuck right in the middle of all this?" Doug's McQuaid voice has dropped and I started to see a beautiful sweet officer who really cared about his job and the people involved "Charlie... I can't let you go back to that place I'm sorry" a much older looking man sat down "I'm Adam Fuller, tonight you'll stay with one of my officers until we can sort something more permanent out for you" stay with one of these people? Not go home to Arie? This could end very very badly... And not just for me