nick

one:

⠀⠀⠀It was a sound of a truck that woke me up from a deep slumber. As I rub my eyes and sat up straight from my bed, I prayed to God that the sound would disappear but it did not.
⠀⠀⠀I poke my head onto the open window pane to find that my neighbors were moving, and on their front yard was words that made my spirits alive as ever.
⠀⠀⠀I quickly wash up and brushed my teeth, changed to one of my few decent outfits and dashed outside my room and to the kitchen, where my parents were (as usual) having breakfast over some newspapers and coffee.
⠀⠀⠀"Hey Mom, Dad," I greet them, to which they return with a nod, and a small smile.
⠀⠀⠀I sigh and went straight to the point. It's practically useless to charm them. "Can you guys lend me 20 bucks?"
⠀⠀⠀My dad almost spit his coffee. He looks up from his newspaper. "What for, darling?"
⠀⠀⠀"Just something." I tell him.
⠀⠀⠀"I want to know what for." Dad probes me into spilling him the beans.
⠀⠀⠀My mom, who was silent for the whole time, speaks. "Just give the child the money, Fred."
⠀⠀⠀And so my father did. Money has never become a problem to my family but Dad never gives them out for no reason.
⠀⠀⠀In the family, I guess Dad's the less prim and proper one, sometimes he'll joke with me and we'd do silly things but Mom always disapproves.
⠀⠀⠀I think she even hates me sometimes when I'm not being a girly-girl in school or at home, but she never tells me and I never bother changing for her.
⠀⠀⠀I smile widely at Dad. "Thank you so much!"
⠀⠀⠀I quickly eat my breakfast with them, but my mind can't drift away from those words that made me all giddy in the morning.
⠀⠀⠀It states, "Garage Sale".
⠀⠀⠀And who knows what you could find in one.