are you randy?

eleven:

⠀⠀⠀"What!" I shriek, completely astonished by his words. "What do you mean?"
⠀⠀⠀"I'm going to need you as my practice buddy." he tells me, smiling at me like what he said was completely normal.
⠀⠀⠀"But you had tons of girlfriends before," I tell him, raising both arms in the air. "I'm sure you know your way towards women."
⠀⠀⠀He shakes his head. "She's different and I don't want to screw it up, not even for a little."
⠀⠀⠀His words kind of hurt me a little bit. He likes another girl. Of course he does. He looks so hopeful, and I can't bring myself to let that hopeful smile turn into a frown.
⠀⠀⠀I stare at him for a few more minutes, trying to decipher any joke behind his features, but I don't see anything, so I nod.
⠀⠀⠀But I did it again - this time with enough bravery that my voice doesn't come out forced. "Okay," I say. "I'll do it."
⠀⠀⠀If it makes me your friend. Even just a friend.
⠀⠀⠀There's a moment of silence between the two of us but surprisingly, I don't feel awkward - not even a tinge.
⠀⠀⠀It's quite funny actually because I haven't known or talked to him ever since.
⠀⠀⠀"Thank you," he says, finally. "I owe you one."
⠀⠀⠀He gets up and hugs me tightly and I inhale the scent of honey and lemon soap, sweat, and something else yet I like it - love it even. It's not like they describe in movies or books but it's better. Because it's real.