sammy

twelve:
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It was when we were walking back home that I completely remember that I barely know him. Sure, I have a little crush on him, but I don't really know what he's like as a person, and as a friend.
⠀⠀⠀But it seems like he was thinking the same because when I tried to speak, he says, "Hey, I barely know a thing about you."
⠀⠀⠀"Me either."
⠀⠀⠀He raises and eyebrow at me. "Do you want to?"
⠀⠀⠀"Sure."
⠀⠀⠀"C'mon." he smiles, gesturing me to follow him.
⠀⠀⠀That was pretty much the conversation we had and now we're sitting at our neighborhood's park, perched under an old Oak tree.
⠀⠀⠀"I'll tell you ahead though," I say, pointing a finger at him. "I don't like twenty-one questions type of questions."
⠀⠀⠀"Like what?" he asks.
⠀⠀⠀"Like," I say, mimicking a guy's voice. "'What's your favorite subject?', 'what's your favorite position?', 'Okay, let's have sex.' That type."
⠀⠀⠀Jacob bursts out laughing and I stare at him in annoyance and frustration.
⠀⠀⠀He catches my expression and sees that I'm, indeed, serious and he stops laughing, still occasionally letting out small chuckles. "Okay then."
⠀⠀⠀I nod and sigh. It's almost night time now, and I closed my eyes the moment he talks. "So, what's your favorite color?"
⠀⠀⠀I open my eyes and smack him in the chest. "That's exactly a twenty-one questions type of question."
⠀⠀⠀He groans. "I can't think of any creative ones!" he tells me. "Just go with it."
⠀⠀⠀"Fine." I say, closing my eyes again. "Red." I answer.
⠀⠀⠀"I knew it." he mumbles but I hear him. I hear him over the wind blowing at us, I hear him over the sound of crickets, and I hear him over any sound because it's him I'm talking to.
⠀⠀⠀His words got my attention and I sit up straight, and look at him. "What?" I say, chuckling lightly.
⠀⠀⠀He seems uncomfortable at the slightest and I stifle a giggle. Jacob and uncomfortable never mix. He's Jacob Fray for goodness' sake!
⠀⠀⠀He quickly masks his expression with a clearing of throat. "Um, I said," he pauses, "my favorite color's Green."
⠀⠀⠀"Okay then."
⠀⠀⠀"Your turn." he tells me.
⠀⠀⠀"What do you want to do before this summer ends in a few days?"
⠀⠀⠀It takes a moment before he answers, and in that silence I stare at the stars that begins to appear in the night sky.
⠀⠀⠀Then he speaks, "To have the girl I like in my arms."
⠀⠀⠀I turn to look at him. "Who is she, Jacob?" I ask, curiosity ate the best of me.
⠀⠀⠀Jacob smiles. "You know her, Blaire. You know her all too well."
⠀⠀⠀I'm going to sound really cheesy and cliché if I'll tell you that this may be the start of a beautiful relationship.
⠀⠀⠀That a game of twenty-one questions is going to make him fall for me, but I know it won't because again, he's Jacob Fray.
⠀⠀⠀And Jacob Fray and Blaire Addams never mix, too.