norah

two:

⠀⠀⠀I cross the road to where their house is located. I find a middle aged woman, probably in her late forties, going through some of their old stuff for their garage sale.
⠀⠀⠀"Hello, Mrs. Fray." I tell her, smiling.
⠀⠀⠀"Oh, hello, you're Fred's daughter, right?" she asks me.
⠀⠀⠀"Yeah."
⠀⠀⠀"What brings you here, dear?" she asks me, somewhat curious.
⠀⠀⠀"Um, I'm here for the garage sale." I smile lightly, keeping my gaze at the floor where grass is starting to wither.
⠀⠀⠀"Oh!" she laughs, waving a hand to me. "Sure, check anything you might like!"
⠀⠀⠀"Okay."
⠀⠀⠀I smile at her and made my way to the countless shirts, and decorations that are peculiar for my taste.
⠀⠀⠀I wander to where the boxers were and started opening, looking for some old records Mr. Fray might have.
⠀⠀⠀When I see none, I sigh. I turn around to go back home when I stumble on a small box, probably a shoe box, lying on the withering grass.
⠀⠀⠀I dust my hands together to get rid of the soil when I stumble and pick up the box, bringing it to the closest table.
⠀⠀⠀Once I opened it, I couldn't believe my own eyes. My smile must have been so big because Mrs. Fray went to go check on me.
⠀⠀⠀"Find something interesting?" she asks me.
⠀⠀⠀"Yeah."
⠀⠀⠀"What are they?" Mrs. Fray asks me, and for a moment, I almost laugh because for the one putting up the sale, she should know what stuff she's giving away.
⠀⠀⠀"Mixtapes," I tell her. "Old ones."
⠀⠀⠀"Aww," she coos, like she's remembering something - or somewhat feeling nostalgic. "Those are Jacob's old tapes. You can have them."
⠀⠀⠀"Oh, well, how much do I owe you?" I ask her, fumbling my pocket for some of the cash my dad gave me.
⠀⠀⠀"You can have them." she repeats, smiling at me.
⠀⠀⠀"Really?" I say, quite shocked. "Thank you so much!"
⠀⠀⠀"You're welcome, sweetie." she smiles.
⠀⠀⠀I smile at her one last time before heading back home, with a box on my arms and a smile on my face.