Tymerius

Tymerius

        As soon as the gong sounds, I grab a pair of axes and a large backpack. Also, I snatch a loaf of bread and matches and head off to the woods. I run away from the rivers, determined for the shelter of tall trees. After I’m deep inside the forest, I climb onto a tall pine tree, and set up a “camp” in the high branches.

     Since I was released into the arena in what looks like in the middle of the afternoon, it’s evening by the time I calm down and am done setting up camp in the branches of a pine tree. Nine cannons fire, signaling the fighting at the Cornucopia is over.

        I examine my pack contents. I have two knifes, a bottle of water, and a pack of dried fruit, some plastic, my matches, and a loaf of bread, several feet of rope, a large sleep of green cloth, and a jacket.

        Then the faces appear. The boy from District 3 is first to appear. That means the Careers from 1 & 2 have survived. Then, the girl from 5 appears. The boys from 6 and 8 are next. Both of the tributes from 9 appear. The girl from 10 follows and both of the tributes from 11 appear. The Capitol seal appears from a musical flourish, and then disappears into the night sky.

        I see the Careers, and all of the tributes from 1, 2, and 4 are in the Career pack, with the addition with the boy from 5 who had an 8 in training. The person on guard has fallen asleep, so I put on the jacket and I use the rope and the cloth to make a hammock. Not long after I lay down on the hammock, I fall asleep.