Caesar Flickerman's Interviews: Part 2: Districts 7 and 12

Television Records of the 22nd Hunger Games: Interviews of Tributes' Families. Copyright of the Capitol of Panem.

Caesar: May the parents and of Tymerius Drake come to the stage?

          *burly man and athletic-looking woman approach the stage*

          Caesar: Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Drake. How are you?

          Mr. Tobias Drake: Depends on what you’re asking about.

          Caesar: In general, Tymerius.

          Mrs. Celia Drake: Well, we’re anxious about his survival, and his feelings. Her death might’ve been a blow to him.

          Caesar: You mean Elise?

          Mrs. Drake: She volunteered so they could die in the same place, or in other words, they would both die in the arena.

          Audience: *gasps, some start crying*

          Caesar: They were quite some lovebirds, huh?

          Mr. Drake: Agreed.

          Caesar: Then really, it must have been.

          Mrs. Drake: Plus the fact he did it himself. Poor Tymerius, I feel sorry for him.

          Caesar: *pats Mrs. Drake’s shoulder* Now, now, it’s alright. He’ll have his allies motivate him.

          Mr. Drake: Motivate him to win it for her.

          Audience: Aww…

          Caesar: Quite a Romeo, huh?

          Audience: *laughs*

          Caesar: May I ask, who fell for it?

          Mr. Drake: I’m thinking Tymerius?

          Caesar: Was it her eyes?

          Mrs. Drake: It was her face. Full of sunshine and laughter, eyes bursting with sheer joy, the laugh of happiness, Tymerius was a goner.

          Audience: *sighs with expression*

          Caesar: I will agree she was quite a looker.

          Mr. Drake: *grumbles* Thank goodness she wasn’t torn up by savage monsters. Tymerius would’ve committed suicide.

          Caesar and Audience: *laughs*

          *buzzer sounds*

          Caesar: I’m afraid we can’t hear your dramatic love story any more, Drake family. But I do wish a happily ever after for your son, Tymerius Drake.

          Audience: *gives standing ovation, cheers, whistles with excitement*

          Caesar: Going on with the interviews! Next is the family of Kaze Forteniyer!

          *woman with hunched shoulders and two little kids come to the stage*

          Caesar: Good evening, Mrs. Forteniyer, and a good evening to you two, Kaze’s little siblings!

          Mrs. Clementine Forteniyer: Thank you, Caesar. Twins, would you like to introduce yourselves?

          Lily Forteniyer: Hello, Mr. Flickieman! I’m Lily!