FIVE

Chapter Five.

Stefan stood by the door fixing his bow tie. Damon tapped his foot on the floor with an impatient look on his face. "Will you hurry and get that pretty little ass down here. " The brunette vampire called out.

"I'll meet you guys there. I'm halfway done," I replied from upstairs.

"Don't be too long, [your name.]" Stefan said before nudging Damon's arm. He sighed and followed his brother out the front door.

I only had hair and makeup to do. I finished my glamorous look with simple, light makeup. And I neatly presented my hair in a way which complimented everything, bringing the entire look together. I found some diamond jewellery in my luggage which went well with the flowy, satin gown gifted by Klaus Mikaelson himself.

After half an hour, I dusted off my dress with my hands and did one last check in the mirror. Happy with everything, I grabbed my tiny clutch bag and made my way downstairs and out of the door; my body hit with the fresh chill in the nights air.

The venue wasn't far away, and after catching a taxi, I arrived in under fifteen minutes. The front double doors opened for me as soon as I walked up, revealing a mass of guests dressed in suits and gowns. I took a second to take in my surroundings; my eyes gazing around the entire room. In the distance I noticed Damon talking to Elena who was dressed in a strapless glittering ball gown. A smirk appeared on my lips. So she ended up coming despite Damon telling her not too, I thought.

I took my first few steps inside; my black strapped high heels clicking against the hard floor. Tucking a loose, wild strand of hair behind my ear, I glanced over to a waiter closing in on me.

"Cocktail, miss?" He asked polietly in which I nodded. He left me right after handing me the alcoholic beverage, my eyes curiously looking it over, wondering what was in the concoction of the night.

The thought of meeting this Klaus Mikaelson entered my mind suddenly. He was somewhere in the room, hidden from sight amongst the gathering of standing bodies. I sipped the cocktail slowly as my eyes followed the people in the room. My heart began to beat faster in my chest as the anticipation rose.

There in the near distance, dressed handsomely in a black tux with a pristine white button dress shirt, was the hybrid himself; his blue orbs watching me closely. The woman who he had been casually chatting to stopped speaking when she noticed that her words fell of deaf eyes. His full attention was somewhere else; completely mesmerised by how perfect the dress fitted my body.

He shifted on his feet and began to stroll over in my direction, his piercing eyes fixed on me like a predator targeting its next prey.