TWENTY

Chapter Twenty.

After finding ourselves a vacant table, we both talked for at least half an hour before Klaus pointed out that we should order some food and drinks. My stomach suddenly growled and I giggled, embarassed. Klaus laughed and flagged down a waitress to take our order. "Do you drink wine, love?" He asked me with a large, gorgeous smile that could make any girl melt into a puddle onto the floor.

"Occasionally," I said, returning a smile.

He ordered the most expensive wine on the list followed by our food. The waitress wrote down the order on a pad, passing Klaus quick glances. I just smirked when she caught me staring; her cheeks suddenly becoming bright red.

"That won't be too long. I will be right back with your drinks," the waitress said before scurrying off behind the bar.

My phone began to buzz in my bag. I excused myself and took it out to read a message from Damon. I couldn't help but frown.

"Is everything alright?" Klaus asked opposite me at the table.

"Yes," I stuffed my phone back into my bag, trying to keep it together infront of Klaus. Damn you Damon Salvatore.

I shook my head. "Actually, no. I... have to cut our date short, Klaus. I'm really sorry."

The hybrid looked concerned all of a sudden. "Did I say or do something wrong, love?"

"No, no." I looked at him softly. His blue eyes looking so somber made me want to just confess that he was going to die tonight, along with his entire family. "I just have family issues suddenly that I need to deal with."

Ten minutes left. My phone suddenly vibrated again and I knew that it was Damon again telling me to leave the Mystic Grill before they got there to carry out thier plan.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go now." I got up, forcing myself to turn away from him.

"Wait, love." Klaus swiftly got to his feet as I grabbed my stuff and quickly walked out of the Grill. I hated myself right now, especially the Salvatores. I just wanted to have a normal, long date with a handsome guy, but because of them I was now fleeing with said handsome guy running after me, almost getting hit by a car in the process.

"Please wait, [your name]." Klaus called out after me as we passed the carpark. "We can just postpone our date for another time, no big deal."

I stopped with my back facing him, clenching my clothing hard in my hands. "Is there anything I can do, love? Just talk to me and I'll listen." The hybrid stepped closer towards me.

I shook my head. "I'm really sorry, Klaus. I wanted to have a nice night with you, but..." I trailed off, biting my tongue. He would hate me if I told him right now. He would think that I only went on this date just to distract him so that Damon and Stefan could kill him.

My body turned just in time to see Klaus let out a grunt and hold the front of his chest. Pain struck him hard and his face turned pale. "What... what is happening?" He groaned.

"I don't know..." I just stared, seeing him clutch at his heart.

"What did you do?" His voice became deep as he rushed at me, gripping both of my shoulders in his hands. "You did something, didn't you?"

"No, Klaus. Let go, please." I pleaded as I tried to free myself from his rough grip. He suddenly let go and glanced over at the Grill.

"Kol," Klaus swiftly sped off, vanishing into thin air before me, leaving me holding myself. I mentally made a note to punch Damon and Stefan so hard when I saw them next.