Chapter 17: Aftermath

Her lips feel perfect on mine, Naruto thought while kissing Hinata. I just confessed to her, but she didn't reply!! But she's kissing me back? His brain suddenly panicked and he broke the kiss. Only then he realized that he was fully on top of her, his hands supporting his weight. He lifted his face to see something so perfect that he knew this is the moment he would never forget and when her sweet voice said, "I love you too, Naruto-kun." He thought he was dreaming.

Both of them with misty eyes kissed each other to their hearts content. After a while Hinata pulled him even closer to herself, even if was possible and she rested her head on his chest. Naruto stroked his hands on her beautiful blue hair and contently watched her as she drifted off to sleep with a bright smile on her face. 

"I love you so much, Hinata."

Soon afterward he too fast slept with his arm around her shoulder and waist. Hugging each other both of them slept peacefully not caring that soon morning will come and so will all their friends.

#

Birds were chirping outside and sun was shining brightly outside. Naruto woke up slowly as the sun rays hit his face, at first, he was confused as to why was he in a hospital bed but then the event of last night rushed into his mind and he blushed uncontrollably. His blush only deepened when he saw who he was holding in his arms. He looked at her contently for a while, I can't believe this is happening, she said she loves me. Holy shit!!

Hinata opened her eyes slowly and saw the blonde ninja starting at her with the cutest heart-eyes she's ever seen. So, it wasn't a dream after all!! It all actually happened?! She thought and the kiss they shared came to her mind making her face hot and red with embarrassment. The moment she dreamt of so much, was suddenly no longer a dream. 

"So last nigh—" She started saying but Naruto cut her off.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked looking directly into her eyes. Hinata's eyes widen at the question, she wanted to scream yes but struggled to form words. This was all just too sudden for her. Yesterday, she had her mind set that her love would never be reciprocated, yet here she is her lifelong love being reciprocated. She would feel Naruto's brightness all around her, once again. Tears formed in her eyes, and her throat felt drier than ever, as gulped down the overwhelmingness of the situation, someone else yelled.

"Goddamm it Hinata say yes!!!" came Sauske's voice as he refused to look at anyone, standing at the door with all of their friends' heads coming out of the door. Everyone groaned. 

"Sasuke!" they said in unison. 

"Way to go! You just cannot keep it in your fanboy can you?" Kiba teased him, in response, Sasuke activated his Sharingan and threatened to kill Kiba, which was meet with utter laughter. 

"Sorry, right we cannot have you go rouge again if we hurt your feelings again." Sasuke looked scandalized. 

"Way to ruin the moment, I swear these Uchiha's love messing with the love lives of blondies" Kurama also growled.

"Sasuke! Everyone!" Naruto screamed jumping out of the bed and off the top of Hinata. Hinata instantly missed his brightness. Sasuke frowned, he mumbled something which was close to I'm sorry. Hinata was shocked and her face was very hot, she thought she might faint, Naruto on the other hand was trying not to kill any of his friends and thinking of a polite way to throw them out of the room. They made no attempt to go away, Naruto forced to push the door shut. 

"You cannot stop all of us," Sakura said. 

"I'm tired of you all," Naruto said and went into Kurama mode, "get the fuck out and don't come in until I say so!" He shut the door with force and locked it. 

"Okay then, Hinata..." 

"Yes," Hinata smiling.

"Yes?" Naruto asked forgetting what he asked her a few minutes ago. He went from confusion to utter happiness. 

"You'll be- be my girlfriend!!" he exclaimed and lean in to give her a kiss. 

As they made out someone unlocked the door and all of their friends stormed in to see what Naruto and Hinata were doing. 

"Booo!! Get a room!"

"We did, you all came in!" Naruto replied, hugging Hinata with one arm and fist-bumping Sasuke, who seemed overly enthusiastic about the whole situation. 

"We had to make sure you aren't doing anything, you know... Anyway! Congratulations you two! Finally!!" They all laughed and made plans to meet in the evening for drinks and celebration.  

This was so far the best feeling Naruto had felt in a very long time and he was determined to keep this ray of sunshine in his life forever.