#4 - Dinner Date

"... alright, listen up. If any of you keep staring at this girl weirdly, you're not gonna like what'll happen next. Spoiler alert, it involves me, you and your blood on my hands" Jack's voice boomed as he shouted at onlookers, causing them to mind their own business.

I tried to avoid looking at Jack and tried to look distracted by my surroundings. He seemed to take notice as he would shake me a little and pull me closer. "Come on cupcake, you can't just keep sulking forever" Jack said as we started to walk into an expensive looking restaurant. ".. I'm not hungry for your stuffy Hyperion food" I said, rolling my eyes as I smelled the scent of strange cuisine around me. "It's better than whatever crap you eat on Pandora, babe. Trust me" he continued with a smile as he pulled me right past the man waiting at the front of the restaurant and sat me down at the back, in what seemed to be the most luxurious table.

Jack winked as he slid me a menu, opening his own and quickly looking through it. I half-heartedly pick up mine only to be confused for a moment by how it was laid out, not understanding what most of the meals were or meant. Jack lowered his menu and laughed a little before teasing me by saying "Cupcake, babe, you're supposed to look at the 'starter' part first. It's in the name". I growled in retort before calming myself. Shock collar, shock collar. Can't say anything to upset him. This was so frustrating to deal with.

"You know what, I'm a simpler type of person y'know. I don't need a fancy 2-part dinner" I responded with a smug expression, a response which both surprised Jack and avoided the collar's wrath. Jack leaned back in his comfy seat as he smiled, "getting talkative now, are we cupcake? What, you think you can cook dirty Pandoran delicacies better than this stuff?". I prepared myself as I challenged Jack, "yes, yes I think exactly that. I could bet on it" I teased, not realising the consequences that would be brought.

A man in fancy attire, presumably a waiter, had just walked up to our table before Jack landed his hands on the table and quickly stood up while holding my hand. His hand was large and warm, to say the least. "Hey, I don't have time. Deliver two 122's to my office in 3 hours and I'll guarantee you a huge payment AND a promotion" Jack said, giving a huge 100 dollar tip to the waiter. The waiter seemed to perk up with excitement as he managed to stutter "y-yes sir! I will get on that!".

Jack pulled me along with him out of the restaurant, quickly pulling me to his side by the waist when we left. "We're not getting lunch?" I asked, slightly disappointed. I was kind of hungry. "Nah cupcake, you said you could bet that you could make better Pandoran grub so I'm putting you to the test. What do you want if you win?" Jack chuckled, rubbing my side slowly as I panicked slightly. I was not ready to cook anything, especially for THE Handsome Jack. "W-well, I can't do it because I've got no ingredients or anything-" Jack's finger hushes me as he pressed it against my lips. "Nah, I got that covered. Come on babe, don't bail on me now" he responded, getting slightly antsy. The way he called me 'babe' kept tipping me off, it was very distracting. I sighed as I gave in, "how about letting me leave to Pandor-OW" I yelped, getting shocked by the collar and causing Jack to laugh at my pain. I struggled to think of something, Jack could probably get me anything on a whim and it wouldn't be a hassle at all.   
"What if I didn't have to wear this collar?" I flinched slightly, expecting a shock. I looked at Jack as he itched his neck in thought, "sure cupcake, lame prize though. If I win, and believe me babe, when I do, you're gonna be my assistant" he smirked. I opened my mouth to respond, but there wasn't going to be any reasoning with Handsome Jackass. "Perfect! Come in here, sweetie" Jack answered as he walked me into a very expensive suite which was clearly his. It smelled of a strange combination of men's cologne and booze. Suddenly, my eyes were covered by his large hands. "What-" "No peeking" he interrupted cheekily as he pushed me somewhere.

He let me see again, revealing a huge kitchen with plenty of... well, everything! Even a dead skag and some other dead Pandoran species had their meat in the middle of the large kitchen. "You got about 2 and a half hours babe, don't disappoint. I'll also still be watching" he chuckled as he rushed out the door. "Where are you even going?" I questioned before he snickered to himself. "Daddy's got work he has to do in his office" he responded as he left, I hear a clinking noise of the door being locked. 'Daddy' now? How self-absorbed was this man?

A long, long time had passed. You know what else passed? Me. Out.

I woke with the absolute worst headache in a bed, feeling a chin on my head and a muscular arm over my body. I looked to see Jack cuddled up against me and feeling no weight on my neck. The collar was gone. Jack seemed to awake when I tried freeing myself, clambering out of the bed as I growl at him. "What. Did. You do to me?" I ask as he wipes his eyes before bursting into the hardest laugh I've heard yet. "OH MY GOD you should've seen it, you were so bad that the oven was left on and burst into flames!" he struggled to finish the sentence he was laughing so hard. "Y-y-you must've passed out from the smoke fumes, cupcake!... Ahh, now that was fun. Would've been a cute dinner date though" he seemed to finally calm down, seeing me far away from him. "So, I have to...?" I start, prompting him to remind me of my unfortunate demise. "Be my new assistant! Don't worry about the collar, I just felt pitiful for you. Though if you're bad you will be putting it back on" Jack responded, walking over to me and grabbing my hand suddenly, starting to pull me along.

Before he could drag me out of his room, I pulled my hand out of his, resulting in him turning around with quite a peeved expression. "Hold on, I have questions!" I said, annoyed by his lack of care in the world. "Better be important, cupcake" he smiled yet again, waiting for an answer. "Why are you doing all this? What happened to my friends?" I spat out, glaring at Jack. He seemed to not be taken back at all, but interested by how I feisty I was being. "Y'see babe, your friends are fine, but I've got to collect 'something' from some hired bandit morons later today. I'm gonna send one of our constructors with some loaders to do it" he responded, grabbing my hand again. "Come on, I've got work to do and I need something distracting to look at" he smirked, looking up and down my body which caused me to blush, glaring back in response. "I won't ever do things like that with a jerk like you" I muttered as he pulled me along. He seemed to pick up on this as he answered back.

"Nah, you think you won't cupcake but you'll fall head over heels for me"