#5 - Falling Asleep

IMPORTANT AUTHOR NOTE
I'm changing how (Y/N)'s perspective is written and I'm going to refer to it as You, the reader directly, rather than as if reading a First Person story of the character. So, it'd say "You looked around" rather than "I looked around", because it will make slightly more sense and be easier for me to write. Thanks for anyone reading this fanfic, just wanted to bring up this change.

"This is absolutely ridiculous" you muttered under your breath, now wearing brand new Hyperion clothes.

Jack had brought you into a clothing store and rushed you into a changing booth with an outfit he had specifically designed for you. It was definitely too tight and undersized, and something told you that he intended for this to happen. While it looked like an average black secretary outfit with the Hyperion logo donned on it, the neck was open downwards, tightly revealing your chest. The skirt wasn't an exception either, seeming more similar to that of a short skirt you'd see on a school girl looking for attention.

"I am NOT gonna wear this" you angrily shouted out of the changing room, Jack audibly sighing on the other side. "LOOK, While you were in there, I received a message that your annoying moron friends rescued Roland when I was supposed to be receiving him as prisoner and I'm pissed about it. You BETTER come out here in it or I'm gonna come in there, rip off whatever you have and do disgustingly graphic things with you" he ranted, obviously gaining the disgusted reaction of other female shoppers who overheard him. He turned with a grim expression, causing them to mind their own business. You sighed as you picked up your old clothed and hugged them to cover your chest as you walked out, Jack's grin widening as you came into his view.

"H-hey! Don't-" you angrily spat out as he snatched your old Pandoran clothes from your hands so he could get a good look before you could cover yourself with your arms. He laughed with pride as he blindly tossed your old clothes to a store worker who seemed to be waiting nearby. "Those are mine! What're you doing!?" you growled as you tried to regain what he took, walking over to the lady. He grabbed you by the waist and pulled you back to him, grabbing and pinning your flailing arms to your side. "Don't worry cupcake. They'll be fine" Jack smiled, looking down to what your body was presenting through the top of your clothes. You blushed heavily as you pushed his face away, making him chuckle as he pulled you out the store.

"Hey, stop looking at her or I'll-" Jack ranted on, shouting at any male who was to look in your general direction. You and Jack seemed to enter his office without conversing much. Although you hated to admit it, his office was pretty impressive. He walked you over to his large yellow chair as he sat down, patting his legs trying to get you to sit on his lap. "No way, not at all" you shook your head as you stepped back slightly, him smiling softly back in response as he softly whispered "No complaining, come sit with daddy" he answered. The way he looked there was kind of c... nope, not gonna say it. He does NOT deserve any compliments like that. His face seemed to get more disgruntled as you didn't move, "When I say something like that, it's not a request, it's a command". You sighed with a little feeling of fear. 'Odd way of assisting' you thought to yourself.

He held one arm around your waist tightly and used his free hand to control his mouse, occasionally letting go of you to type with both hands. He would every so often try to interact with you as you sat their lifelessly, resting yourself on Jack for support. He would sometimes shake you a little to keep you awake, look down at your body yet again, or even just rest his head on yours as he would sit in complete silence with nothing but the tapping of his keyboard and the clicking of the mouse. Why was this so... weirdly comforting?

Jack shook you as you opened your tired eyes. "Wake up pretty cupcake, you go to bed with me, not before me" Jack said softly, you felt really hungry and a harsh thirst. You looked at the digital clock which appeared on Jack's monitor, showing the time 23:48. Almost midnight. "It's... w-when do I get food and drink?" you said hazily, looking up to meet Jack's eyes. You felt very tired and was swaying slightly, Jack looked oddly more Handsome than you remembered. Something was definitely off, but maybe you were just suffering from dehydration. Your mouth was met with a surprise as Jack, without a mention, slowly put a slice of pizza in it. "Here's water, not sure what you could've wanted" he responded, handing you a Hyperion brand canteen. He seemed tired and not up for his sarcastic remarks as much. It was surprising to see him like this.

You ate and drank in silence as you followed Jack out of his office to his room... by your own accord. He didn't pull you along or anything, despite still having your weighty cuffs on. At least they didn't really hurt at all. Something just made you instinctively follow Jack and not try to run, he might've not been in the merciful mood either.

He turned when reaching his room to see you, fed and with an empty canister right behind him. He seemed to wipe his eyes and look at you shocked. "Didn't expect you to be here still, gonna be honest kiddo" he said, obviously tired by the sound of his voice. "Why'd you not run?" he asked. You shuddered slightly before responding, "you... kind of looked, not like you?". Jack's eyes widened when he heard you say that, starting to open the door to his room. "Heh, nice for you to do that cupcake" he responded, you followed him in without a complaint.

You watched as Jack dropped asleep immediately on his bed, you slowly climbed onto the other side of the large King-sized bed, turning your back against him. It was weird yet it slightly warmed your heart to see Jack like this, it almost made you forget about... your friends on Pandora. You shook the thought from your mind as your attention returned to Jack once more.

"H...hey, Jack?" you called weakly, not turning to face him. You were surprised to even hear a response.

"Yes, cupcake?" Jack asked, already sounding slightly more like his usual self. You took a moment to find the words before quietly responding.

"... Goodnight, Jack."

"... Goodnight, Pumpkin."