𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 | 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗰𝘁

•°•🌻•°•

•°•🌻•°•

"BLING BLING"

-the painful truth.

"What-What happened to my powers? What happened to me?-"

THE STORY MILES TOLD HER AND SUNG HYE AT THE DINER THAT SATURDAY WAS still stuck in Katie's head. She walks to her last class of the day, with her head in the clouds, her mind still on the story of Gwen Stacy; like Miles apparently, one of the victims of being bitten by a radioactive spider. He told the two girls that she was one of the few other spider heroes that came from the cause that killed her uncle.

He also told them that she was the only one besides the other Peter ("Another story to tell" he says to them) that understood what he was going through that time.

When he was done, she told him after few minutes; "Gwen was the first friend who really understood me, she actually didn't treat me like a helpless person in those few days. That was a first for me outside my family." Katie didn't know if she overwhelmed her friends but Miles quickly replied, "Sounds just like her." And gave her a small smile. She also noticed his eyes were distant when he said that.

Katie felt like she was missing something, something important. But she didn't bother to ask, nor stay suspicious.

The red head let's out a heavy sigh as she reaches the stairway. She takes one step down, and another. Her head was still in the clouds as she didn't notice the 'Be careful wet!' sign and slipped in the small puddle on the step she was on. She let's out a squeal as she falls forward, awaiting for her body to fall down the stairs painfully.

But that didn't happen, she opened her eyes to see her body floating, her feet wavering above the step without the puddle. She squeaks and flaps her arms in panic. "Oh shit! I'm flying! Oh my god," She covers her face. After a moment, she hesitantly looks between her fingers, staring down. She lowers her hands and looks around to see anything to help her go down.

Finding nothing, she remembered what the doctor said when she did her checkup.

'I'm in control.' She thought taking a deep breath-focusing on her emotions. Right now her emotions were jazzed, freaked out by another discovery of her new powers.

She inhales deeply and feels the weight of her body. Light. She then exhales and feels her body slowly lower down to the ground. She continues to do this before she finally reaches the ground.

Katie laughs and let's out a cheer, "Yes! I did it!" She cheered, happy that she's one step closer to controlling her powers. The girl checks for any injury and heads down the stairs carefully to her art class. When entering the classroom she stopped and fell to the ground, gripping her head in hands. A student nearby goes to her side and asks if she's okay.