Part 10 - Crossing Paths

" . . . "
You kept quiet on the balcony. Not adhering to any other presence of other souls, you kept your head low. Resting your elbows on the balcony's fence was easy. But baring with the emotional pain, it's unsurprisingly difficult.

You felt lonely again at this moment of the day. You had little care for the events unfolding during the party.

Until then, when you peered your head up. You found what appeared to be a dark figure jumping feet over to feet on a rooftop.

"(AI/N), what am I looking at?"
You clipped on technical glasses that were connected to your AI, queried the identification of the figure.

"It seems there is an intruder heading to pierce the windows of the CCT tower, (Y/N)."
The AI clearly stated.

"I'm lucky I bring you everywhere I go."
You held the red hilt strapped on your belt.

Then after that, you left the party dome to head for the action and stop this future fugitive, whoever she was from foiling justice of beacon. Running as fast as you can but without alerting anybody else.

You arrived at the entrance of the tower, finding suffering atlesian guardians on what used to be their posts.

"Atlas' effort in training their men? I rate it 4/10. You guys give up too easily." You clarified, walking pass the guardians and into the building. Finding even more of them on the floor, moaning in pain.

"Jeez, guys. Stop being like toys."
You requested to them, unaware of another presence near you.

"(Y/N)?!"

You heard a familiar voice which you only heard minutes ago before you went up to the balcony. Turning to your right, you discovered the cherryhead with her large mechanical scythe.

"P-Petals?!"

Both of you were surprised the other was here.

But she was here open with that large weapon of hers, and there are these guardians laying around. You started to think . . . could she have beaten them up?

"You did not just beat these men up, did you?" You queried, one hand over your weapon's hilt and the other pointing at her.

"What? Me? Nope! I saw this figure coming over here like some evil double agent!"
Ruby clarified her presence here, confirming she didn't commit malice.

"I saw him too."
You stated, with both of you heading for the elevator.
"Elevator. Now. Make sure your big toy fits."

You walked into the elevator, then she followed. Good thing was Crescent Rose did fit in the elevator.

Because of this, Ruby gave you a sly smirk. You noticed, and excused.

"Spoke too soon."

Then the elevator enclosed itself, taking you two to the floor with computers. Next was an awkward silence between you two inside the elevator. You were skeptical as usual, staring at nothing, while Ruby kept eyeing you.

" . . . So, did you enjoy the party?"
She queried, of course she'd care about what you think.

" . . . The first half? Yes. The other half? Nope." You answered, honestly.

"Wait, why?"

"Got bored halfway."

"You didn't dance with anyone?"

"Nope. B-But why would I?"

"Cause . . . that's what they usually do?"

You crossed your arms.
"You didn't dance with anybody either."