Arc 3 | Part 19

1

It was already afternoon, and it was also raining. The perfectly-timed end of the school day was followed by a heavy rainfall forecasted hours ago, and this was why most of the students had umbrellas to prepare themselves for the heavy rain.

Signal Academy students were leaving what was practically their second home, which was every weekday. Rainfalls decorated the school's campus and gates with such grit and that other thing called desperation.

(Y/N) had lots of friends, and also lots of people that mostly ignored him. But they were no problem, his good friends were what mattered. They always kept his day bright.

"So? How much did you score again?" Ginto, the shortest in your group asked. You were a trio of brainies, but you all still had the most lovable personalities to begin with.

"Perfect score of 25." You said, a grin plastered across your cheek.

"Same here!" Ginto said and pointed at the other friend whom you all called Blake. "Blake too!"

"And we weren't even sitting near eachother earlier, right?" You laughed, almost every weekly dust quiz was a piece of cake to you.

"Inseparable, like I said." You added, your two friends giggled right after.

There was a moment of silence, right up until you noticed a blonde girl walking to home by herself.

"What the--" You muttered under your breath. Without any second thoughts, you went and decided to get closer to the girl and shared the umbrella with her. She had no shield from the raindrops, and so you shared yours.

"Here you go. Sorry to bother you, but I figured you needed thi--" You were interrupted because she was startled, causing her to unintentionally kick you away in self-defense.

"WAHHH---" You screamed like a donkey as you were sent flying into a dumpster.

"(Y/N)!!" Your friends shouted as they ran for that dumpster.

The blonde girl's purple eyes popped, knowing what she just did. "Oh, crud! I'm so sorry!" Then she ran for the dunpster as well.

"That was unexpected..." You said as you crawled out of the dumpster with no help required.

"I'm so sorry! Ohmygosh--I thought you were a mugger, I'm really sorry!" The blonde girl approached you.

"It's fine! That was my bad, I approached you without warning." You told her, shrugging it off.

"Heh, still. I'm sorry." She said, and nervously giggled as your friends just watched you converse with her.

"Yo. Here you go." Blake handed your umbrella to you.

Thanks to this blonde girl punching you into a dumpster, you earned a few dirt stains on the bottom of your shirt, pants, and your shoes. But this didn't bother you one bit, on the bright side you might've made a new friend.

"Thanks." You raised your umbrella, now shielding yourself and the girl again even though she did not ask.

"Forgot to bring an umbrella?" You asked her.

"Yeah, unfortunately. Sorry for the bother." She said. "You know what? I'm fine either way."

"Yeah, uh, no. Let me help you and walk you home." You said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Of course. I mean who would say no?" You said.

She giggled, liking your wit. "Alright, then. Thank you." She said, as you just stood there admiring her cute purple eyes. There was a certain appeal to them, which was also delivered by her yellow hair.