Chapter 1

My Dearest Ella,

If you are reading this, I know that my time with you has come to an end. I am grateful for the time and the years that I spent with you, and I would never change a thing, even if I could change anything.

You have always been my free spirit and the love of my life from the moment I laid my eyes on you while working with Patches.

I should never have tried to hold you down, but I am thankful that you let me fall in love with someone like me. I am thankful that I got to meet you, my beautiful Cinderella. I am thankful for everything that we got to do together and the memories and family we had made.

I know that I was quiet about my past, and I want to say that I am sorry for keeping much of it a secret from you. I wrote another journal about my past and ask that you don't let our children read it, not yet. I was young and stupid, and it made me who I am today.

This is not that story, and I want you to give it to Julie when you feel it is time.

This, this is a story of us. This is a story of how you healed a broken man and saved him from himself.

I love you, my little Cinderella, and I will wait for you until you are ready to join me. Take your time, and I'll see you on the other side.

With love,

Dean

Julie wiped a small tear from her eye and cleared her throat. Her throat became tight because she didn't know that this had been her father's journal. She knew that her dad had somewhat of a rough life with being a childhood star, but she didn't know how bad. She didn't know how bad it was or how dark the other side of Hollywood could be, and she prayed that her mother would allow her to see it.

"Oh, Mom," she whispered. She cleared her throat and licked her lips. "I hope you will let me know about Dad's story." She shook her head and looked at her mother's handwriting. She touched the ink that looked like it was from her favorite pen and cleared her throat again. "I am going to miss your letters," she whispered, her voice cracking and filled with emotions before she started to read what her mother had written underneath her father's words.

My dearest Jewel,

I know that you think that you had lost him when you married your ex, but I can tell you that it isn't true. I know that you thought that you had to listen to what people had to say because they knew best, but my dear child, they didn't.

That boy loves you the way your dad loves me. That boy will still give you the world if you let him. He'll be your prince just like your dad was mine.

Your father almost let me go. He almost let me go because people said that I wasn't right for him, that I was too good for him.

In this journal are his thoughts and feelings about how he had found me and fell in love. He fought what people had said and proved to everyone that he was indeed good for me. (Your aunt and I used to joke and say that he was the one that was too good for me.)

Julie paused and rolled her eyes. A small smile appeared on her lip because she knew that what her mother had said was true. She had heard it from her aunt and her mother while she had grown up, and her father would chuckle but not say a word, contradicting what she had said.

She sighed and shook her head from the memories of the past. "Oh, Mom," she whispered, her voice cracking. She cleared her throat while she read her mother's words to that point and licked her lips. "You are too good for this world."

Julie shook her head again and sighed before starting to read what else her mother had written.

What I am trying to say is don't listen to what other people say. The bond and love you and him share is something that others want in their life. It is something pure, something that people would die for.

He had waited for you after all these years, so stop running away from him. Let him save you and show you that both of you can find happiness by being together.

I love you, my Precious Jewel. Never forget that. I love and will always love you to the moon and back. No matter what you do or who you are with, I will love you forever and always.

Always your mother,

Mom

Julie wiped a tear from her eyes and traced the word 'jewel' with a shaky finger. In her mother's eyes, she was just like a diamond waiting to be seen. She wished that her mother would have loved to see her shine as she thought she would, how she thought she could.

But she knew that her mother would always be in her heart and would never leave her, even if her spirit was gone from the world they lived in. "I will never forget that, Mom," she promised. "Thank you."

And with that, Julie began to read her father's words and how her father became known as "Prince Charming" according to her mother and those who had met them and heard their story of how they ended up with each other.

For this, this was the untold story of a Prince Charming that became known as her father. This was his story and how he found his Cinderella in a broken girl that loved horses just as much as he did and maybe even more.