Sorry about the lack of a real update, new chapter soon, but I need to say stuff

WATTPAD, this is for you. Your company, not your fans.

I used to love this app, this site. Now I can't recommend it and I won't use it as frequently because of YOUR greed. I've had this app for more than a year, and now I hate it. Your newest update is trash and you know it. You have a thousand reviews telling you so, even one from me. I understand ads, even paid stories, but you've sunk lower than I ever thought you would: making us pay for a feature that was free last week.

Your fan base is diminishing significantly, Wattpad. Have you ever wondered why? Could it be because of your lust for money? As I said, ads are understandable, but anyone with an IQ above room temperature or a yearly income below that of you CEO wouldn't be paying you $5.99 a month to get a premium membership. Let me make this clearer than your motivation behind this update: Your fan base is primarily young girls and college students, who cannot afford to pay $6 a month to read badly written, grammar-mistake-ridden, wonderful content. You have a chance to do great things and you shouldn't let your app take a turn for the worst. Corporate greed is bad enough without an app made for reading and writing jumping on the bandwagon.

Three offline stories is ridiculously low for voracious readers with limited internet access. Many people have very little access to Internet and pay crazy data and WiFi premiums already. We don't need to pay any more money to get offline stories from here.

Your app is unique. It is the one and only home of many wonderfully talented writers. You have very limited censorship, which isn't always a good thing for me or the many 11 and 12-year-olds on here, but still... it's a big source of your fans' adoration. Yet, you insist on charging ludicrous fees to do things that were once free!

You're probably wondering by now why I don't just leave if it's no longer for me. The answer is that this is the only place to find some of my favorite stories, my favorite people, my favorite opinions. I would leave if I didn't depend on my readers and fellow authors to keep me happy when I'm suffering from a slew of real life problems.

In any case, Wattpad:

Your fans hate you. I hope you're as happy as I am.

#BringUnlimitedBack

GIVE US BACK THE OLD, GOOD WATTPAD, POST HASTE.