Minji, who are you?

Minji hesitated but quickly sighed in defeat and took a seat next to Yubin.

« I was supposed to become a doctor »

Everyone looked at her but stayed silent. Minji picked on her fingernails looking at the floor like it was supposed to be something she should be ashamed of. Joohyun knew that it was the rest of the story she didn't really want to talk about though.

« My family...I...It was always supposed to be. I had my future planned ahead of me and I wanted to become one but... » Yubin patted her back « I volunteered here before... » she paused as if it took her everything to tell this story. They could feel flashback clashing in her mind and Joohyun found it painful to witness because she knew that at the end of the story Minji would end up here. In this exact position. It wouldn't be a happy story. They'll all somehow witness Minji's fall.

« After all of it, I came here a few times » she continued « when I knew she wasn't there. My...my sister »

The sudden realization hit Joohyun. The Dr. Kim they had talked about earlier was Minji's sister.

Whatever had happened in her family mustn't have been good for Minji.

Just on cue, a woman- who had a strong resemblance to Minji- in a doctor uniform entered the room. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw her red-haired sister who looked up sadly.

« M...Minji? »

« Hi, Unnie » the girl awkwardly replied as everyone got up.

Doctor Kim detached her eyes from her and looked at all of them confused. Sooyoung rushed to her not wasting any time on the family drama « How is she? »

The doctor cleared her throat trying to remain professional.

« She's stable »

Everyone breathed again. Seulgi squeezed Joohyun's hand.

« But it was close. We had to revive her »

« Oh, shit » Byul let out, holding Sooyoung who seemed like she was about to faint any second. Joohyun closed her eyes taking a deep breath. She was fine. She was fine, she repeated herself.

« We can only keep her for the night however »

« We'll take care of her » Yeri replied and everyone turned toward her in surprise but the girl just shrugged. She felt part of the group so deeply that it both warmed up Joohyun and concerned her but it was a problem for another day.

« Do you know what she took? » Dr. Kim directly asked Minji.

« A bit of everything to be honest I...I don't know what it was specifically now »

« I found these on her » Yubin came forward, showing the doctor a small bag containing little pills. It could have been easily mistaken with Skittles.

« These again » Dr. Kim sighed « It's the third overdose with these I got this week. My friend at general hospital said they get at least one a day. Your friend is lucky. She's one of two patient who is still alive. She's the only patient I treated who is still alive »

Sooyoung suddenly sobbed and Byul hugged her.

« Can we see her? » Seulgi inquired.

Dr. Kim nodded, glancing quickly at her sister « Follow me »

She led them to a room where Seungwan was lying in bed, breathing tubes in her nose. Unconscious. The nurse, Sunmi, Joohyun remembered, was injecting something with a needle in her IV.