Need A Distraction.

Hey, guys!

My schedule for the week changed a bit so I'm posting this chapter today and the next one on Friday. I'll only be able to post the one after on Monday so read slowly ;) if you can.

Have a good day.

-J

__________________________________________________________

The girls left at dusk in a heartbreaking moment. Handong, Yubin, Byul, and Seulgi wanted to go with them. Be their getaway cars, without the cars per se, but they offered their help anyway. The two girls categorically refused. Claiming it would be too dangerous as they could be used against them in any sort of negotiation if their families discovered they had accomplices.

They wore all black and didn't take much on them. Couples of knives and brass knuckles. The gang started to chant 'Fighting' to voice their support, everyone sang the chant and the two girls smiled brightly. Joohyun exchanged a look with Siyeon. She mouthed 'Fighting' with a smile and Siyeon smiled back with a nod, mouthing in return a 'thank you' before she took her girlfriend's hand. They walked outside hand in hand determined and disappeared behind the trees that lead out of the school.

It was a beautiful sight. The sun setting on the horizon and their cute height difference as they walked into the distance. A little poetic. Yet, Joohyun's heart clenched. She was scared for them. Their families didn't seem like peaceful people and if the girls were ready to kill them so were they probably.

« Do you want me to follow them? » Yubin asked Minji as they were still watching by the window the now empty landscape. Minji sighed and diverted her gaze, turning back to the inside of the cafeteria.

« No....No. They got this »

They all imitated her. There was no reason to keep looking into the emptiness.

« I really need a distraction » Seungwan whispered, her leg bouncing in nervousness as she had stayed sat during the whole event.

« I got that covered » Sooyoung said, grabbing her hand and left the room.

« I think everyone needs a distraction » Yongsun sighed. Everyone looked at her weirdly, knowing fully well what deal the two girls that went upstairs made, « not, that kind » she gestured to where Sooyoung and Seungwan had left « A distraction. A proper one »

« I can distract you » Byul teased making Yongsun blush.

« Shut the fuck up » she replied dryly in embarrassment.

Their antics made everyone else laughed though.

« Do you want to play cards maybe? » Gahyeon hold the cards up.

___________________________________________________________

After two games only, they decided to part ways. They were too nervous to concentrate anyway. Yubin and Handong decided to stay awake for the night and warn them when the two would be back. The girls wanted to put a shift system in place but Yubin insisted she wouldn't be able to sleep anyway.

The warm water of the shower hit Joohyun differently that night. It wasn't as enjoyable as the other times. When she went back to her room, Seulgi was already in her pajamas. She looked up at Joohyun and sent her a small smile. Neither of them liked the situation. All they could do was wait. They almost lost Seungwan and now this. They felt even more powerless this time.

Joohyun sat on the mattress, sighing.

« I wish I could say they are gonna be alright but that would be a lie » Seulgi squeezed her hand.