Heroes rise pt 6

Hero Schools are -

Nationally acclaimed high schools established for the purpose of nurturing "Heroes", licensed users of Mutations - more commonly called as "Quirks". In the last four centuries since the appearance of Superpowers, countless facilities - both privately funded and government owned - dedicated to the education of responsibility to the populace and the creation of heroes with superb utilization of Quirks have appeared all over the world.

In Japan, although numerous hero schools have been established, four names reverberate within the hearts of all hero hopefuls.

U.A. Academy: Musutafu (Kanto, Tokyo).

Shiketsu Academy: Nishinomiya (Kinki, Hyogo).

Ketsubutsu Academy: Kanazawa (Hokuriku, Ishikawa).

Seiai Academy for Girls: Sendai (Tohoku, Miyagi).

Among these prestigious establishments, U.A. and Shiketsu have a fixed quota of eighty students divided into their own Heroics Course and Support Course with only three hundred seats available for the General Course - not counting the numerous other courses provided by the school according to the Regular Education Charter. The difference between the Hero and Support Courses and General Course is in the number of instructors as most teachers available for the Hero and Support Course are either retired or active Pro-Heroes.

While Ketsubutsu Academy and Seiai Academy have a fixed quota of two hundred students with no divided courses and are provided with equal amount of instructors, the level of teachers are generally a notch lower than that of the top two schools as none of them are Pro-Heroes.

Even though various schools follow the curriculum created by the National University of Heroics and the National Internal Security Bureau, there are also schools that have their own specializations. For example, Shiketsu Academy places a heavy emphasis in practical, battle-oriented education for its Hero and General course, and, in contrast, A Certain High School in Hamamatsu (Tokai, Shizuoka), places emphasis in highly complex manufacturing and theorization which are valuable in areas of EAD Engineering and Theoretical Science and Technology.

Aside from this, there are schools that specialize in operations in particular environments. An Academy in Kochi (Shikoku, Kochi) teaches, separate from the normal curriculum, operations and survival above water on in the sea, while the High School in Otaru (Hokkaido) integrates practical outdoor lessons in regions of extreme cold or mountainous regions where the living environments are extreme.

()

Superpowers.

Mutations.

Quirks.

Whatever one may want to call them, they are a product of neither Legends nor Fairy Tales, instead, they are facts of a reality that has long since become unknown to most people.

The first verifiable and recorded event of Quirk Manifestation was on the night of June 30th, year AD 2016. The incident was recorded in a hospital in the city of Qingqing, China where a newborn baby began to emanate a soft bio-luminescent light 13 minutes after their birth. This became the first verifiable use of what is now modernly called a Quirk. After that incident, many people around the world began to manifest their own Superpowers with the First-Generation Mutations largely appearing in children and young adults in the ages of four to thirteen years old.

Initially, after the First Manifestation, these special abilities were largely called "Mutations"; an ability present in every person as a result of purely inherent, sudden mutation among humanity as a result of a yet unknown process of awakening. That was an erroneous notion.