5. /Welcoming Entourage/

Yarima rolled his eyes in irritation. He eyed Maleeka demeaningly before turning his attention to his brother. He couldn't believe she had to show up here too. It's like everywhere he goes, she's always lurking around like some spirit.  

"Why the heck does she show up everywhere? It's so annoying!" Yarima grumbled angrily, eyeing Maleeka. Her mere existence irritated him!

"Yaya, just go and stay in the car. Don't cause a scene here. It would be a bad reputation for you" Azeem said. Not wanting Maleeka's friends to hear them. When Yarima Haidar was born, his mother was nothing but ecstatic. She would peer at him because she was baffled that he was actually growing in her. When he started growing up, he became offensively close to his grandma, Sarauniya Salma. He would wail and cry whenever his mother tucks him into bed. Queen Fatima Zahra got tired of his wailing, so she'd only breastfeed him, then she took him to his sweet grandmother. As Yarima grew, he became attached to his grandma. She meant everything to him. He thinks he loves her more than he loves his own mother. He did all her bidding without question. When she disrespects his mother, Yarima does nothing but watch. He'd always tell himself that if his mother had loved him enough! She would have never allowed somebody else to raise him. If she was so busy not to complete her job as his mother, then he'd equally be busy not to defend her from anything. If she would give him away just like that, then he would equally give her away!

"That's what they say about leeches. They always stick to the host!" he muttered again.

Maleeka couldn't believe her ears! It's not bad enough he insults her in his father's house, then he'd come to her own comfort zone to insult her again.

"Listen Yarima or whatever they call you, be careful how you spew words out! It's not kingly!" she said blankly.

The way he turned on her, as if he was going to reap her apart. No-one talks to him like that! Not even his grandmother!. Azeem quickly intervened. He stood between them facing his brother.

"If you don't get the hell away from my face, I will beat the seven shades of shits out of your body" Yarima threatened. Azeem had never stood up to him. But because of this annoying lanky peasant girl, his brother suddenly gained the balls of courage.

"Yaya, What do you want people to think when their future king goes about picking on girls" Azeem reasoned.

"Ha! You call this thing a girl? She’s a person, with no self esteem, a person, who grew up eating other people's leftovers, a person whose life is bent on being pitied? She's no girl to me. She's just an excuse for a person" he said venomously. Azeem closed his eyes because he knew his elder brother had gone far. He didn't know how Maleeka would react. It's no news that Yarima can't stand Maleeka's family. Everyone knew the situation got dusted onto him from their grandma, whose hatred for Maleeka's family is ridiculous. Noone could understand why she is always ready to launch an attack on Sa’eed and his family.

"You should get back to the car," Azeem said coldly pointing the direction to where Yarima had come out from.

"I am not stepping a foot from here!" Yarima replied, fuming. Azeem turned to Maleeka who was seconds away from crying. Was it a crime to be poor? She was happy even though they were poor! She had told her father severally to stop collecting things from them but he wouldn't listen now look at how he has reduced her to nothing.

"I am very sorry Maleeka. Can you please just go? I am sorry" Azeem pleaded with Maleeka. Maleeka scoffed. Of course he'd turn her away. Who would want to be on the bad side of the famous Yarima! She turned to go back to Hanan whose forehead was creased because she didn't understand what was happening as they were a little farther from where the bike was being worked on.