7. /A Big Joke/

When Late Sarki Uwaisu had made up his mind about the conditioning of his son Sarki Abusadiq, he chose the simplest condition. There were tons of conditions a King could impose on his heir, but for some reason, his forefathers had made the conditioning about marrying this or that person. He had many other reasonable conditions to attach his son to but his predicament made him follow the footsteps of his forefathers. This was because he was forced to marry Abusadiq's mother, the honorable Queen Mother. He felt no sense of attraction or affection towards her. In fact the only thing he felt was a sense of duty, obligation and requirement. His condition had been to marry her. He had lived with her as required, what pained him most was how she'd run helter skelter to please him. She adored him; she practically worshipped him whereas he was worshipping someone else. He wouldn't want to subject any of his children or someone else's daughter to that pain, the pain of being rejected, of watching someone you love ignore all advances towards them. He believes happiness is the key to a perfect King. So, he had asked his son to marry anyone he loved truthfully and make her his Sarauniya (Queen).

"What on earth made you give Haidar that type of condition?" the Queen Mother bellowed, fuming angrily. Sarki had a rather bored expression on his face. He didn't answer his mother's question as she paced to and fro angrily, like most men pacing outside the labour room waiting for any information about their beloved wives.

"Your father made sure he gave you the simplest condition of marrying whom you were in love with for reasons best known to him. I expected you to do the same thing for your own son. But you attached his succession to that excuse of a man's daughter. I will not allow this" She said, coming dangerously close to him. Sarki maintained his stance. He knew his mother was all words, no actions.

"No amount of explanation will make you understand. Being extremely close to Haidar has blinded you so much that you don't see how inhumane he acts towards other people.......

"He's perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to follow in your father's footsteps! He is perfectly fine! He's going to be Sarki not a counselor"

After much deliberation Sarki composed "Mother, I need to rest. I am very much tired"

A small gasp left her mouth. Has it come to this? That good for nothing Sa'eed had bewitched her son, she was being dismissed. She was going to deal with him herself!

She left his room angrily. Sarki Abusadiq massaged his temples. He knew everyone would question his decision. He didn't disclose his plan to anybody. Not even his best friend Sa'eed. Ever since the day he had talked about it and saw how Sa'eed hesitated over accepting his proposal of joining their children had he buried it to his heart, waiting patiently for the right time to announce it. No matter how angry Sa'eed would be, there's nothing he could do, the journal wasn't supposed to be tempered with. This was something he had thought through thoroughly.

.......

Azeem paced to and fro in his room. He dismissed the maids and guards. He needed time and space alone. He hasn't been able to wrap his head around the conditioning! Of all the things his father could use, he chose to take away the one girl he's been crushing on for 4 years! Ever since he visited from school 4 years ago he started feeling a sense of attraction towards Maleeka. For some reason whenever he thought about her, a smile would creep up his face. He became humble, reserved and modest, so, he could wow her. So he could show her he was worthy of her. Now everything has gone down the drain! Why were things turning out this way? Haidar doesn't deserve such a peaceful person! Haidar has a freaking girlfriend! What pained him most was that his father had it imprinted in the journal! Everyone knew there was no turning back on this. They could yell, shout, threaten or even cry in Maleeka's case that is. But no-one can do anything about it. He plopped down the sofa, running his hand through his hair frustratingly. Why on earth was he the second son? He knew his thoughts at the moment were being selfish, but he just cannot help it. It should have been him and he would have worshipped her if she pleases. He let out a frustrated breath before laying down on the sofa.