➡️ m e e t i n g ⬅

Two Days Later

Two Days Later

With shaky hands, Blue dropped the blue rose on his brother's grave. He came earlier than last time because he wanted to spend more time with London.

"Another day, Lon, " he mumbled beneath his breath, kneeling down on the grass. The water between the leaves soaked through his already wet jeans, tickling the hairs on his knees.

It was pouring when he decided to leave the house, of course, his mother not knowing this. He had snuck out of his window and run past a few neighbors' backyards to not get caught. He knew his mother had no problem with him leaving to go visit his brother's grave, he just did not want to worry her because of how late he usually left and because of how dangerous their area was, especially around this time.

The rain ceased a little and Blue looked around the place. In the far distance, he spotted a bridge barely visible to the eye that was surrounded by trees and a few streetlights. He found himself gazing at it. Thoughts he could not control lingered in his mind as he gulped and forced his eyes away from it.

What would happen if he jumped off that bridge? Would he be just like his brother? Would the world consider him to be just a mere weakling like the other cowards who went along with ending their life? Would the king of life and death grant him one more chance at life in hopes of him finding a way through his despondency?

These were all questions he had yet to find answers for.

The water from Blue's permanently dyed blue hair dripped off his split ends and glided down his temples, to his cheeks before hanging from his chin. Blue dragged his feet up, pulling them closer to his chest with his hands, leaning forward in the process. He laid his head on his knees and rocked himself back and forth.

From a distance, a boy appeared with a rose in hand and a frown plastered on his lips. He hesitated, sauntering his way towards Blue who still had not noticed him approaching.

With outstretched arms, the boy greeted Blue, "Hey."

He placed his hand on Blue's shoulder, which caused the fragile boy to jolt in surprise. His eyes widened as he turned his head to look at the one in front of him.

"Sorry, I... I just wanted to place this here, " he apologized and crouched to his level, placing the rose next to the ones Blue laid there earlier. Blue did nothing but stare at the boy in wonder.

Why is he here? Blue thought.

A streetlight in the area switched off for a second, darkness engulfing the cemetery before fleeing once the light returned. Chance blinked, creeped out by the light before he shrugged it off and smiled. "I'm Chance, by the way,"

Blue batted his eyelashes bluntly and turned his head away. He resumed his previous posture and shut his eyes, ignoring him.

Chance pursed his lips and ran his hand over his wet forehead, his entire body becoming drenched from the drizzle. He paused and examined Blue, thinking of ways to start a conversation without coming off too strong or too weak.