➡ d a y t e n : h o p e ⬅

"I love you, Lucky." Said a delicate voice from behind me. I turned and came face to face with my mother, a sad smile plastered on her face. Confused, I took a step closer but only ended up a foot away from her.

"Don't try, darling. It's no use, " she said, her eyes shutting halfway as her smile grew and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked and took another step closer. Like before, I ended up a foot away. Panicking, my eyes widened. I glanced back at my mother to see pools of water filling her eyes and a dark aura surrounded her body.

Taking in my surroundings, I noticed that everything was red. There was an empty space, us taking up most of it.

I took another step and the same thing happened. Frowning, I picked up my pace and before I knew it, I was running.

"Lucky, stop. You're making this worse for me."

I directed my frown towards my mother and shook my head.

"Why are you leaving?" I asked seeing that the black aura was almost completely covering her. She backed away and forced a grin which only made the pain in my chest increase.

"I love you, baby."

Just like that, she slipped right through my fingers.

My eyes widened and I stretched out my hand. With no warning, an ear-piercing scream erupted in my throat, escaping through the cracks of my lips before soaring in the air.

My jaw slacked even further and my eyes began to sting. Tears were waltzing down my flushed cheeks, my heart felt like it was about to explode, the air thickened and everything grew silent.

"Mom?!" I yelled, finally coming to a halt. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground nearly crushing my kneecap in the process.

I got no response.

"Dammit, mother! Where are you?!"

No response.

All of a sudden, a ringing sound merged with the air. I furrowed my eyebrows and sniffed. The sound grew louder and I groaned, covering my ears as my head started spinning.

With each second, the ringing got louder and I couldn't take it.

Blue gasped as he flung from the couch, his heart pounding against his chest. Gulping, he ran his fingers through his hair and sucked in a deep breath.

What was that? He thought.

Blue averted his eyes from his lap and looked at the clock on the wall. '10:05' it read.

It was pitch-black outside, the streetlights were off and the house was dead silent. He could only hear his breathing and the wind clashing with the windows of the house.

"Mom?" He called out as he stood up from the sofa, making his way through the kitchen.

He got no response.

His heart sank as he remembered what happened in his dream.

"Mama, where are you?" He called out again. She was supposed to be home by now, she worked an afternoon shift and get off at six.

Blue matched over to the living room and proceeded to grab the home phone but it rang before he could dial his mother's number.

"Hello?" He answered after placing the phone to his ear. There was a small sniff before someone finally spoke up.