➡ d a y t h r e e : i c e c r e a m ⬅

"Lucky, "

"Lucky, "

Blue glanced up from his book at the sound of his name and narrowed his eyes, his left one twitching.

Blue's mother chuckled as she let Chance in, the older boy beaming with excitement. A sigh escaped his parted lips but he soon paused when he noticed something; his mother was smiling.

Her hair was neatly done in a bun and the dark circles around her eyes slightly faded, as though she got some sleep the day before.

Not questioning anything, Blue turned his attention back to his book. Chance walked up to him and leaned forward, tilting his head to the side. "You're not getting better, " he mumbled to himself. Blue's eyebrow shot up at that in question.

Chance lifted his hand and captured Blue's cheek, his eyes examining the boy's face. The tip of Blue's ears and his cheeks tinted red as he tore his eyes away from the orbs that burnt right through his flesh.

With a sigh, Chance let go of Blue and bit his lip in frustration.

"Let's go," he said. Not waiting for a response, Chance grabbed ahold of Blue's wrist and pulled him out of the house. Blue did nothing but let Chance drag him away.

"How about ice cream?" Chance suggested with a warm smile. Blue shook his head, wrapping his arms around himself as he averted his eyes from Chance.

"Why not?" Chance asked with a frown.

"I haven't had ice cream since..." Blue started but stopped himself immediately. "I can't remember the last time." He quickly lied hoping Chance would by it, and gladly, he did.

"Even more reasons to try it. Personally, I eat icecream whenever I'm said and it actually makes me feel a little bit better," Chance admitted with a smile. Blue glanced at him to see a little smile lingering on his lips as he glued his eyes to the sky.

"I don't want icecream," Blue mumbled as he. He remembered the exact day he stopped eating ice cream. That day, London came home pissed and was arguing with his mother over something he couldn't rememeber.

It was like after that fight, he stopped going out. He stopped caring about him.

"Why not?" Chance asked. Blue shrugged and lowered his head. His eyes began to sting and he quickly turned his head to secretly rub them.

Chances noticed and frowned. He stopped walking and grabbed Blue's arm. "You know, he always talked about how much you enjoyed eating ice cream. He loved all the moments you guys would go out for it." he said softly. Chance takes a step forward to face him and continues, "What happened?"

Blue finally looks at Chance, his eyes becoming red from holding in his tears. "I-I don't know, I-" he didn't know what to say.

Chance sighed softly as he frowned and pulled Blue in for a hug. Blue stood still for a few second before placing his head in the crook of Chance's neck. "Forget about that night, Blue. I know it's easier said than done, but please, try." Blue was confused now. What was he talking about? What night? Did he know about the fight? Did London tell him?

A few more tears escaped Blue's melancholy eyes at those words before he pulled away. Chance examined him and rubbed his cheek with his thumb. "It's just across the street," he told him. They both stood still, not saying a word for a moment. Chance felt the sadness emanating off of Blue and God, was it painful to him. He witness this once before, and he didn't enjoy it. Seeing it again from someone who looked exactly like him, broke Chance to and point where he believed he wouldn't be able to go on with his promise.

But he mentally shook his head and wiped Blue's cheek. "Let's go."

With that, he gently pulled him to the icecream truck. "Two blueberry yogurt ice creams, please," Chance requested and plastered a grin on his face when he arrived at the truck. The man inside the truck nodded and dug two scoops of ice cream, putting it on a large waffle cone.

In the meantime, Blue's eyes wandered around the slightly crowded area. There were not that many people out and Blue liked that. He hated being in a crowded place. He thought it was utterly disgusting to have so many people pushing and bumping into you by accident.

"Here you go."

Looking back at Chance, Blue gulped and grabbed a hold of the cone filled with ice cream. He examined it for a few seconds, memories flooding his mind.

"It's ice cream, not a dead frog, " Chance joked, trying to the lighten the mood as his tongue darted out and ran over the cold, peach colored deliciousness in his hand. His tongue, along with his entire mouth, watered as he shivered and moaned at the taste. He swallowed the now liquid form of ice cream in his mouth and let out a silent sigh.

Blue watched as he licked around the mountain filled with chunks of ice and sweet, flavored cream, amazed at how gorgeous he looked whilst doing so. Chance paused and cocked an eyebrow at him to which Blue shook his head and immediately looked away.

"Go on, " Chance pushed a little, nudging Blue gently. Groaning inwardly, Blue darted out his tongue and mimicked the motion Chance did with his tongue around the ice cream. He paused and glanced at the boy in front of him.

"Isn't that something you want to remember?" Chance smiled at him. He bit down on the ice cream and pulled away quickly so that his teeth would not freeze. Blue blinked and bit down on his lip trying to hide the tiny smile creeping it's way to his lips Chance, who was confused, asked, "What?"

Blue shook his head and unwrapped the tissue which was around his cone, bringing it up to Chance's face. He wiped the ice cream off his nose and folded it, placing it in his back pocket. Chance's cheeks flushed red and he cleared his throat.

"Reason number three, ice cream." Chance chuckled, his eyes shutting halfway as his grin from before grew even wider. Blue's chest tightened as he stared at Chance.

With a tiny smile, Blue averted his eyes and nodded, taking another lick from his cone.