➡️ t e n d a y s ⬅

The next day, Blue goes to the cemetery again

The next day, Blue goes to the cemetery again. This time, he finds Chance awaiting him. Pausing, Blue raised an eyebrow at Chance then continued to make his way towards the tomb.

"Why are you here?" He asked, venom dripping off his tongue as he narrowed his eyes. Chance glanced at Blue before turning back to the rose in his hand.

With a faint smile, he asked, "What, I can't visit my bro?"

Blue stayed quiet and kneeled next to him. This time, he had no rose in hand since there was enough on his brother's grave.

Chance pursed his lips and furrowed his eyebrows, shifting around a little. "How's your mother?" He asked.

Blue glanced at him with a raised eyebrow as if he was stupid.

"She's all rainbows and skittles," he replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes. A cackle escaped Chance's lips as he thought back to the times he went over to Blue's house.

"I don't think you remember this, but when your brother and I were still in high school, I used to come over every day. You never once glanced at me," Chance reminisced.

Indeed, back then, Blue never once glanced at Chance. Hell, he did not even notice his appearance. He would usually stay in his room until night, or until his mother left the house, or if London wanted to spend time together.

"Your mother loved having me around," Chance continued, not caring if Blue was listening or not. With a smile dripping with melancholia, he faced Blue.

Just then, a question popped in mind. "Why do you like blue so much?"

Blue blinked and tilted his head, facing the boy in front of him. "Why do you want to know?" He asked, baffled at the sudden question.

Chance shrugged and pursed his lips. "Just a thought," he replied.

Blue lowered his eyes finding a sudden interest in the grass below him. "I don't know, honestly. I've been attracted to the color since birth. And besides, everything in this world is blue."

Of course, he was not referring to the literal color, but Chance did not get it.

"The trees aren't blue," he protested with an innocent frown.

Blue fought back the urge to laugh and just sighed. "I don't mean it literally, you idiot." He rolled his eyes.

Chance slowly nodded, examining the boy's slightly petite features, whilst Blue frowned. He did not have a specific reason for loving the color, he just clung to it the moment his father appeared, for on that day he was dressed in a blue T-shirt and light blue pants. After London died, he adopted it as his own. It was his favorite color as well, and their aunt decided to buy a whole closet filled with blue clothes just for him.

London stayed with her for months, probably an entire year. He visited home often, but it sometimes felt as if he lived at her place and not the home he was birthed into. Even though, Blue still enjoyed the moments London would return and tell him all about his evening with aunt Adriana.