Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ.

1999

1999.

𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐔𝐁𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇 as she sits in front of the camera, she was doing an interview for Life Magazine. She was being featured and will be on the cover for the fifth time in her span in of her twenty plus years in acting. Alicia smiles as she was given her water from one of the staff. They do her makeup really quick even though she didn't necessarily need it because she was already flawless as she is. She sits up some more as she sees a man come in, he was tall, dark brown hair and he was much older, she smiles as she shakes his hand. "Nice to see you again, Mr. Stock." Alicia grins and he was the photographer that followed her around and lived in her house for about a month. He was famous for the iconic pictures of James Dean, Debbi Harry and other famous people.

River really liked him and the kids enjoyed having him around because he is a very sweet man.

"I told you to call me Denny." He says and Alicia smiles and she clutches his hand. "I'm sorry." She chuckles and the crew finally set up the camera. Mr. Stock decided on to record the interview because he was a lot older, couldn't write as fast and no one uses the large tape recorders anymore. They motioned him to start and Alicia stares at the older man. "I want to thank you for letting me stay around your home and seeing how you're an actress, mother, and wife but overall just being around your family in general. It's truly a beautiful thing. Your relationship with River is such a beautiful thing. I was told that you never felt so in love with anyone but when you met River things changed even though you've dated many men before." Dennis says and Alicia nodded as she looks down. "Yeah because those men didn't want me, they love the thought having me on their arm, looking all pretty for them and being their little trophy but... River was the only person that saw me for me and didn't have me on his arm because I'm really pretty or famous but I know that not all of them thought that way. Hugh was a pretty decent man but not to slander the others... it's just they didn't treat me like River treats me, he treats me like a goddess but also a human being." Alicia paused as she smiles for a second then her smile faltered instantly because she just thinking about how young she was and how naive but she learned over time but some of it still haunted her.

Alicia bites her lip and he looks at Dennis. "It was like everyone forgot that I was human so I started to think that I wasn't."

Dennis could see she was thinking about it very affimarily and letting it all sink in. "River... he was very sweet to me and he didn't see through me. He actually values me as a person and never made me feel like I was doing anything wrong because I didn't want to do certain things or not go anywhere. He told me that if I didn't want to do anything I didn't want to then I shouldn't do it, no matter what anyone says."

"That's why you kinda stopped showing up to premieres for a while? And stayed out of the media?" Dennis questioned. "Yes sir, I didn't like going and having a billion cameras in my face and people congratulating me on how I'm black and being very pretty for a dark-skin black girl, or hearing them say.. Girls like you usually don't even make it and it's true but I don't like when people tell me that every time or it's this common thing that people can just never let go. They focus on me being black but never talk about anything else about me, or what I've done or my accomplishments. I can never get a break.." Alicia shrugged and Dennis nodded as he crossed his legs. "Interesting." Was all he could say and Alica nodded as she looks down, rubbing her stomach and was becoming very hungry but she was on a diet, I know she was pregnant but on a diet. She was five months but was hardly showing because she wore clothes a size up or Rivers shirts all the time. Although it was so obvious with the twins but then again she carried two kids at once.