Chapter 5 (fully edited) 2062

Today was the day I was going on my first official date; everything had to be perfect. I was so excited, and I woke up at 8 am. I got a message from him, and I swore my heart stopped because it was pounding so hard. The message said,

"Hey, I can't wait to see you. You make everything better for me!" Lee texted.

I was so happy. He picked me up in his vehicle, and we headed towards the Art Museum, full of art of all kinds, from paintings to sculptures. The place was inspiring, and we had such a fantastic time. I got to know him for who he was. He talked about art. He talked about music. We found a lot of things we had in common. He was truly an interesting man. He acted differently around me than with his friends. I liked the way he reacted to things when we were alone. Later we decided to eat at a local Italian restaurant.

"Hey, did you know you're my favorite person in the world?" he said as he shoved some pasta in his mouth. I tried not to spit out my food because it reminded me of anime.

"Hold on, let me get that on recording," I encouraged. I thought this man thinks so much of me; why can't I believe what he says about me?

I took out my phone and saw that my Instagram was blowing up. It turns out that Lee was tagging me in a photo while going on our date. I smiled, looked at him, and said, "Lee, you're so silly; why did you tag me in an Instagram photo?"

"Because you're so cute!" he said while ruffling his hair.

"Are you kidding me? I look bad, and now all the guys are following me!" I put my hands in front of my face to cover up the fact that I was blushing.

"Tell them no, you're all mine," he laughed.

"Oh?" I conclusively questioned.

I kissed him on the cheek, and he turned rose-red. He turned to kiss me on the lips, but then our waiter came during our meal.

"So can I get you any dessert?" the waiter questioned.

"No, thank you; we'll go eat ice cream at my house," he replied. The waiter was flirting with him, but he wasn't reciprocating.

"I have to powder my nose," I lied. I had to take my antihistamines.

I went into the bathroom with the intent to look beautiful. When I came back, things got worse.

I heard these girls laughing behind me as I walked in; it turned out that I got my period while I was in my nice white skirt. My hygiene products were in my purse, so I tried to see if I could sneak to the table, but Lee wasn't there, so I wasn't worried until he came up behind me. Instead of laughing at me for it, he was so sweet and put his sweater around my waist. He didn't mention it but insisted on letting me go home instead of his house. I didn't want to ruin the date, so I ignored what he said.

We were getting into his car as it was dusk and humid outside. Lee was in his car and told me it was going to rain; I was scared. What if he finds out that I have Aquagenic Urticaria? Will he be mad that I didn't tell him, or would he respect my privacy and understand why I didn't?

Just as I'm gazing out the window of his Ford Focus, another Ford Focus pulls up. It's Aaron, and he's with a girl I knew, but I can't remember her name. She wasn't important anyways.

"Want to race?" asked Aaron.

"I'll beat you," replied Lee.

I rolled my eyes. "Boys will be boys, I guess."

"It's Fraidy Wady," shouted Neisha from the passenger seat.

"Ohhhhh. It's Neisha," I thought to myself. I told myself that she still wasn't anything important to worry about.