Chapter 15 (fully edited) 1725

"That's good to know!" I smiled because I was relieved she wasn't dating Lee and wasn't after him. She was no longer a threat to me, and I felt much safer around her. I was no longer on edge about anything she had to say.

"Well, I don't think that's right, I don't like the neighbor girl, but I'm also not a backstabbing bitch. I make it seem like I am," I heard her say.

I was curious, so I pushed a little more, "What about Fraidy, you know Lee's girlfriend?" I awaited her response, and it flew me for a loop when she said.

"I don't hate her; I envy her." she was drunk as she said this. She looked at me and then took another drink out of her cup.

"Why do you envy her?" I didn't understand why she picked on Kylie when she envied her. Instead, she could have tried to be friends with her.

"Let's just say we had beef when we were younger!" She downed the bottom of her drink and stumbled to get some soda.

"I'm so sorry about Neisha, her mom just died, and her father left in the third grade, so she's currently living with me, and I'm trying to help her, but I'm starting to give up on her because she started doing drugs and I don't think that's good at all. Can you guys get to know her and help me? Please?"

"So, you don't like her?" I questioned while betraying her trust. How can we help? We aren't even showing who we really are.

"No, it's not that. She's not the same anymore. She's bossier since she's popular. She changed; I don't know why but she's been doing things just because she can. With drugs and everything, it really changes a person." I felt terrible, honestly. She wasn't an awful person, but she had been thrown through the wringer one too many times. What the heck did she mean by "we got beef?" I didn't remember anything of the sort.

"Oh. Ok, sure, we can get to know Neisha." I said convincingly as I pondered the beef idea in my head.

I really liked the disguise that showed what a fun spirit I had. I didn't like always hiding because of something that shouldn't define my life. It is interesting how people treat you at parties because everybody is social. Sometimes they can be a little too social if you know what I mean. You probably heard of date rape and possibly sleeping with somebody while drunk and ending up pregnant. It always astounded me how somebody could be so evil and do that. It was a good thing that I decided not to drink. I had a horrific fear of this happening to me since I was young and naive.

I was talking about the better things such as making friends swimming in pools and taking cute pictures with your friends. My whole night was filled with the kindness people showed me; even my worst enemy Neisha didn't know me for who I was. She got to know the true me before she knew what she heard about me. After that night, we weren't enemies. Well, at least in the mask. We were acquaintances or friends instead of enemies. I still didn't like her, but I just faced the other way for the sake of no drama. For once, I fit in. I didn't fit in as me, but I would have because I didn't fake anything.

When Mystery Man found us later that night, I was so tired I felt like collapsing. It's hard pretending to be someone else while still being yourself. I couldn't believe the girl that taunted me so badly was envious of me. I learned a lot about myself and others. The Mystery Man may have taught me that I am beautiful on the inside without even realizing that it wasn't him who showed it to me.

We were riding in the car, and I fell asleep because the car ride felt like forever, but that's what happened when I was so tired. My eyes started to doze off, and when I got home, Mystery Man tried to wake me up. I wouldn't wake up because I was always a hard sleeper. Mystery Man opened the other door, and Marissa tried to wake me up; again, I didn't.