The End

"Is this really the end, then?"

How did he end up in this situation? Oh, right. It was him who brought up about wanting to break up.

Ae was lying on their bed reading a book. The Sun have disappeared. The Moon beautifully glows. Except, tonight was not beautiful at all.

And now, they are having their last night.

Pete comes out of the shower wearing a fresh set of pajamas. He goes to the side of the bed and sits down gently. 

"Ae, let's break up."

Ae never thought that his boyfriend would say that. Was there something that made Pete unsatisfied? Did Ae do something that made him upset? What did he do wrong?

Frowning as he tries to see right through his boyfriend, Ae finds nothing. Pete has his head hung low enough to not see his whole face. His fingers twist and turn the hem of his pajamas.

"What do you mean?"

He is clearly confused. Everything was fine till now. What happened that made Pete say that? Was Pete not happy being with him? What was it?

"I-I meant what I said. Let's break up." Pete's voice wavers but he tries hard to sound stern.

Frustrated, Ae asks more questions. "Then why? What did I do? Did I do something wrong?"

He does not answer. He cannot answer. His voice wants to say something but he cannot make up a sentence to reply to Ae.

Does Pete not love him anymore? Is Pete tired of him already?

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. I don't want us to break up."

Neglected, Pete stands up to protest. "But Aeㅡ"

"I said, NO!"

"ARGH, AE! I DON'T CARE! I WANNA BREAK UP!"

That was the first ever time Pete had scream at him. Ae is completely appalled at Pete's respond. Pete brushes his fingers through his locks of hair, slightly pulling them.

No one speaks for a few seconds. The atmosphere thickens. They can only hear the air conditioner working. Ae breaks away the silence with a monotone voice.

"Fine. If that's what you want."

"R-Really?" Although Pete was the one who started it, he was surprised that Ae gave in faster than he thought.

Ae takes a moment to process his answer that came out of his very lips. No. He does not want to let Pete go. He still does not intend to break up with him.

But what can he do? Hold him hostage? That man is not dumb to do those sorts of things. For now, all he can do is oblige since Pete is even more stubborn than he used to be. He even seems serious about it.

"...But," He turns his gaze to the man in front of him. "Sleep with me tonight one last time. Then tomorrow we can call it off."

For the last time, he can hold Pete again before he's not his boyfriend anymore. Ae wants to cherish that moment again for the last time.

Pete averts his eyes away to elsewhere that is not the eyes of the man he once fell in love with.

"Okay..."

The air is silent, and glum. Darkness surrounds the whole room. The two males lay down on their bed, staring at the blank ceiling.

The bedsheets rustles as Ae turns to his right and pulls Pete closer to his chest. He wraps his arms around Pete, one over the hip while the other under his neck. His nose is on top of the tall male's head, softly sniffing the nice shampoo he used a while ago. It smells of lavender, his favourite.