Chapter 2

Giannah POV

I walked into the gym and sat on the bleachers waiting on my superstar quarterback brother Giovanni, everyone loved him, he was popular. I was going to miss him when he left for college next year, even though we are both juniors Gio got accepted with a full ride to UCLA and had to apex his senior classes so he could attend as fast as possible. The only reason I wasn't teased as much as other kids was because of him. I glanced at the entrance of the locker room when I saw adorable dumb and sexy dumber walk out aka Nick Chambers and Isaiah Matthews, my brothers best friends.

"What's up miss piggy?" Said Isaiah smirking. "That joke will never be funny." "Oink oink oink," Nick continued to make the pig noises until he saw Giovanni. I stuck my tongue out at Nick, while Isaiah laughed. Gio glanced at me and shook his head, "Nick, Leave Gigi alone!," giving Nick a serious glare. Giovanni was the only one I let call me Gigi, but anyways I swear if looks could kill, Nick would be drowning in his own blood right now. "Aye twin I'll drop you off at the house, Ima go play 2K with these fools for a minute, tell ma don't wait up."

"ok," I responded while I go hop in the front making the car lean on one side, I know I was big but I didn't think I was that big, I looked behind me to see Nick and Isaiah leaning on the side trying to make me feel bad without even using words. "Haha guys very funny," I said watching Gio pack the truck with his sweaty football gear. Isaiah gave Nick a look and said "Aight bruh, stop before Giovanni beat both our behinds." he pleaded while nudging Nick to stop. Isaiah smiled at me, I mouthed a silent thank you.

Gio got in the driver's seat and I turned face forward and put on my seatbelt, Giovanni looked from me to the boys, I just smiled that's the first time Isaiah have ever stood up for me, I shook off the thought I'd known him for years there is no way he would like a overweight girl. He always seemed to date twig white girls or even thick black girls but never someone with an actual gut hanging.
"Why are you guys so quiet?," Gio asked as he slowed the car to turn in our subdivision. He went over the several speed bumps leading to our house, "I don't know", I mumbled. "whatever weirdo, get out my car," he said as he pulled in the driveway. "Ugly,"I called him as I closed the door to his Chevy impala. As he backed up, he rolled down his window and said "We're twins, Stupid!"
I giggled as I unlocked the door "Gins, Is that you!, my mom yelled from the kitchen. I shook my head at her using the name I came up with when I was two for Giovanni and me, its a combination of Gi from Giannah and Giovanni, with twins which is where the ns comes from put together you get gins. "no mom it's a cat burglar with a key, Gio went to play 2k with with his buds he said don't wait up." "that boy deserves some fun, he's been working so hard with school and football lately." I nodded as I reached and gave my mama a hug.
My mother was beautiful she was mixed with Italian and Irish and somehow managed to keep a body of a twenty year old, being a mother of twins and in her fifty's it had to be hard for her to work out.
I decided to go finish my homework and maybe even text Destiny, she for one had a major crush on Isaiah and had actually had a chance to be with him. I pulled out my pink iPhone 5c and quickly texted her "Hey girlie how you be"
She replied with the speed of flash "I be good, u" I died at how uneducated we sounded, because her and I were some of the smartest kids at Middleton High. I texted "I had another lame car ride with adorable dumb and sexy dumber." "lol I love calling them that, what did they say this time though." Dessy texted. "nothing really, they leaned on the car and made it seem like I weighed it down, then a miracle happened!"
I blushed while I typed the words. I sat my binder on my desk and opened it and wrote a very vocab sentences and decided to write in my diary.
I have virtual diary. the only ones that can get into is Giovanni, incase of emergencies, he reads to see if anyone is bullying me, he is so overprotective of me kind of how my dad was before he was killed by my mom's psycho ex boyfriend from before they got married. My dad was a strong, dedicated black man, who would never lay his hands on a woman.
Mama had hung around the wrong people growing up and it followed until her 30s when she met daddy.
Ma had been in a abusive relationship with a mobster, something we never knew. Back when Mama and Daddy were friends, she confess the hardships she was facing with her lover and daddy helped Ma get away and got her abusive mobster in jail. Then Mama fell in love with her superhero and married him, and never looked back. She moved from Chicago to New York and soon got pregnant with me and Gio. About when we were 10, Our daddy got shot in our front yard....the mobsters finally found us. My phone made a doorbell noise indicating Dessy had finally texted back "what did Giovanni throw them out the car?" I laughed and typed "lol no, Isaiah stood up for me against Nick" she replied "see I told you Isaiah was a good guy." I nodded Destiny always turned in early so I responded "I'm going to let you sleep nini girl" I walked to my bed and yawned as I scrolled threw my Instagram feed only to find Nick had taken a picture of me from Gio's page and edited it giving me a pig nose. All I saw in the comments was lols, oinks. Tears formed in my eyes, as I read the comment about that just appeared it was Isaiah saying "aww leave miss piggy alone lol." wow how could I be so stupid for even thinking he could like me. I turned over on my pillow and cried myself to sleep.