Chapter 14 : I Am Addicted

Riku tightened his grip around Sora's hand without noticing as his voice came out shaky when he spoke:"Can I... Sleep over at your place tonight?"

He hadn't even thought about what he was saying, this moment, staying at Sora's side was simply what his heart desired. The brunette didn't answer, Riku had surprised him with this sudden question.

Realizing what he had just said, the taller rubbed his neck in an apologizing way as he stood up, getting ready to leave. He was looking down, his voice quiet.

"Ah, sorry. I guess that was a strange question to ask. I'll get going now then.", he said when Sora suddenly grabbed his hand.

"No! Well, I Mean-", the boy sighed and then smiled it's not a strange thing to ask. I was jsut surprised, that's all. I don't mind if you sleep over, but why? "

The silverette kept his eyes down, looking for any excuse, but they all sounded stupid. So he justt decided to tell the truth, well at least part of it.

".. It's just-- well, a little awkward at home.. I-I'd rather not go back there right now.. "he explained, biting his lip. He was hoping Sora would leave it that at that and he did. The brunette noticed how uncomfortable riku seemed at that topic, he did not want to let all the efforts of cheering him up go to waste, only to see him cry again.

So he smiled a little encouragingly and simply nodded understanding. Then he looked up, it had gotten quite late already and slowly night was approaching.

"I think we should go now, it's cold outside and we also need to set up everything for you."

Riku was glad Sora accepted his answer but then realized what get he had gotten himself into. He would sleep at Sora's, in his house. He was shamelessly butting into his life even though he did not want to pull Sora into this. But when he remembered what was waiting at home for him, his chest painfully squeezed his inside and the choice of going with Sora seemed like a good one after all.

He followed the boy without any more words, being led along the empty and dark street by him. A few minutes later, Riku guessed it must have been something around 10 or 15 minutes, they stopped in front of a small but beautiful house. It did not actually look that special, but it had a mesmerizing garden with all kinds of flowers. The silverette could not help but gaze at it in awe, he had never seen so many different colors in one place, the whole picture looked like ripped out of a picture book, it was beautiful.

He felt Sora tug at his shirt and he snapped out of it. The brunette seemed amused about the way riku had been staring but did not say anything, pulling him inside.

He led them through the entrance of the house, passing different rooms until they ended up in a small room in the corner of the house. The silver haired male thought that the house looked even wonderful from the inside. The walls had soft colors and was nicely decorated with posters and photos of Sora and other children, probably his friends, hanging on the wall.

As mentioned, Sora's room was not big but all in all pretty comfortable. It had everything a room should have, a bed, a wardrobe, a table and other additional furniture. Riku felt like he could have his own adventure in this room, for there were a little of everything in it: There were little a few little plushies lying on his bed. Books, games and comics were scattered across the place and there were figures of random characters above many other things resting on his table. Yeah.. All in all it was pretty comfortable

"Heh, sorry, it's a bit messy in here" he said, sheepishly grinning while scratching his cheek. He took careful but determined steps, knowing exactly where to put his feet to not bump into anything that was lying on the ground. "Just uh, sit down wherever there's space."