Chapter Six

"So... We'll just wait here? With this asleep girl?" Sinb asked, as Yerin nodded, continuing to read the novel that she brought with her.

"We wait for further orders, Hwang Sinb." Yerin said, as Sinb pouted.

"But I'm bored!" She whined like a child, Yerin sighing as she pulled a cola flavored lollipop that she bought earlier while waiting at the library for the girl.

"Here, eat." Yerin said, as Sinb smiled slightly, taking the candy and opening it instantly.

"Thank you, eonnie---"

A gunshot rang through the area and Yerin widened in horror as she saw Sinb get shot in the shoulder, Sinb immediately clutching it as she drove away, startling the girl at the back.

"W-What..." Suzy asked, as Yerin pulled her down.

"Stay down! Don't move!" Yerin said, as she looked worriedly at Sinb, who drove as fast as she could.

More gunshots sprayed the car, and Yerin dove to the backseat, whipping out her gun and firing back at the attacker.

"Sinb! You can't go to the agency, they probably tracked us here!" Yerin said, as she fired again.

"It's... It's my fault. You have the recording of what I said, right?" Suzy said, as Yerin nodded, unsure of what the girl is planning.

"I won't speak of you until death. Sorry." Suzy said, as she frantically opened the door and dove out, much to Yerin's shock.

"E-Eonnie! Should I stop--"

The attackers shot the tires in Sinb's car, the car swerving out of direction until it flipped over, and landed in the lake.

Sinb swam to the back seat, cradling the unconscious older girl and shaking her awake, Yerin opening her eyes and pointing at her nose, signing that she couldn't breath any longer--

Sinb kissed her, lending her some air as Yerin pulled away and kicked the window with force, and fired a shot, cracking the window and letting them through as they swam up the cold lake--

Sinb and Yerin broke through the surface of the lake, panting heavily as they swam to solid ground and sat down for a moment.

"Your shoulder..." Yerin said, breathing heavily as Sinb shook her head.

"Ani, I'm fine. Let's go back to the dorm." Sinb said, clutching her bloody shoulder as the two of them stealthily went back to the agency.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"SINB! YERIN! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU TWO?!" Sojung exclaimed, as Mina cut through Sinb's wet shirt and immediately went to work, disinfecting the wound and stitching it up.

"Suzy's gone. She jumped out of the car, thinking that she has a tracker from the organization. Sinb's car is also gone, fell in the bottom of the lake." Yerin said, as Mina  treated the cuts on her face.

"But the recording..."

"I sent it to you and Joohyun eonnie, plus her pictures and files from the database that Yewon hacked into." Yerin said, as Sojung sighed.

"Next time you should inform your leaders if you're going to push onto something like that. How can we know if you're already dead, freezing in the bottom of the lake?!" Sojung said, as Sinb chuckled slightly.

"Mianhaeyo, eonnie..." Sinb said, as Sojung glared at her but then fixed her hair afterwards.

"There... Done. You should change into comfortable clothes in the meantime, Sinb-ssi. Yerin eonnie, you are called by Yerim and Joohyun eonnie." Mina said, putting the medical supplies back on her kit and left.

"Can I come with you?" Sinb said, as Yerin sighed, nodding as Sinb smiled like a child, hopping off the chair and going with Yerin to Joohyun and Yerim.

"Like a child, really." Sojung said, as she chuckled at the sight of the two.

Sinb and Yerin knocked slightly at the leaders room before going inside, and saw Yerim and Joohyun sitting down the bed.

"We're glad you're safe, the two of you, despite the stunt you pulled off." Joohyun said, as she made the two sit down on the bed opposite of them.

"So... Why did you call us?"

"We want you two to personally explain to us what happened, what Suzy Bae recounted to you." Joohyun said, and Yerin could see Yerim flinch slightly.

"Suzy Bae was a member of the Black Star, the name of the syndicate we're after. She was ordered by the syndicate to do that to Yerim, as a price for her liberation from the syndicate. She successfully did so, under Park Sooyoung's identity, because the two of them look alike, even more alike at the presence of alcohol. " Yerin said, as Yerim whimpered slightly.

"Yerim-ssi. This isn't your fault, nor Sooyoung's fault. Let her clean you, I know you love her still. She isn't going anywhere, since I stopped my request of kicking her out when I learned all about this." Joohyun said, as Yerim started to cry, going out of the room.

"She'll be alright. Yerin, can you step out? I need to talk to your girlfriend for a moment."

"Um, she's not my--"

"Don't keep her injured more, eonnie." Yerin said, surprising Sinb as the girl didn't deny what Joohyun said.

"You've got a nice girl there, huh, Eunbi?" Joohyun said, and Sinb's ears prick up at the mention of her old name.

"That shouldn't be mentioned here, eonnie." Sinb said, as she smoothed up her green hair.

"Don't you miss your life there?" Joohyun asked, as Sinb chuckled.

"I was a little girl back then, eonnie. I don't remember anything." Sinb said, as Joohyun smiled.

"Sorry if I took you away, Eun. I knew about what they were doing, and they wanted to destroy people. I didn't want you to have that future--"

"Why are you rambling about that, eonnie? Did something happen?" Sinb said, chuckling as she leaned back to her eonnie.

"I learned that our president knows about the two of us, our true identities. And that she is the supposed true leader of the syndicate that we're after. Only that she was overthrown by our parents." Joohyun said, as Sinb widened her eyes, shocked by the news.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Chaeng?" Mina uttered, finding no one in the room she shared with Chaeyoung and Nayeon.

"I'm here, at the bathroom, taking a bath, obviously." Chaeyoung said, Mina breathing a sigh of relied as she plopped down the bed, the medical kit on her side.

"Do you think they noticed us, Chaeng?" Mina asked cautiously, as the younger got out of the bathroom, wearing Mina's hoodie and sweatpants.

"Why would they? We're not doing anything wrong as of the moment." Chaeyoung said, as she dried her very short hair and put away the medical kit.

"I'm just... They welcomed us so well, I'm turning guilty."

"Guilty? The syndicate said that they permanently injured your parents, eonnie. They injured the second leader, your father. I'm just helping you here, but you have the last say." Chaeyoung said, Mina sighing as she softly touched the gun hidden underneath her mattress.

"Stick to the plan, then."