Chapter Nine

The black star tattoo prominently stood out on her collarbone, as Mina stood on the bathroom floor, looking at herself at the full length mirror as she stared at her tattoo:

★03×24×97★

Regret and guilt suddenly filled her as she gritted her teeth, her fingers touching the prominent black inked tattoo that she badly wanted to erase.

Spy.

She felt like the word branded itself on her forehead like a tattoo, like a poster that everyone could see, that one wrong mistake could get her dead.

But everyone trusted her here. Everyone knew her as the medic of Sunlight, the medic of the three teams, side by side with Yerin and Lisa.

Only Chaeyoung knew about her true self, that she is the daughter of the second highest leader, of the Lion, sent to the agency to destroy them from inside.

All her life the syndicate made her believe that the agency was the ones who injured her father, permanently disabling him, giving him the inability to walk.

But seeing how the agency works, Mina began to feel doubt about everything that she believed in. Doubt about what really happened.

"Minari?" Chaeyoung's voice broke through her thoughts, as she opened the door to the bathroom, and Chaeyoung went inside, closing the door as she moved closer to Mina, who still had nothing but underwear on.

"You're going to get cold, eonnie." Chaeyoung said, as Mina put Chaeyoung's arms around her tummy, letting the younger hug her.

"I... I don't want to do this anymore, Chae." Mina said, as she brushed her fingers on her tattoo.

"What about your father? He'll send people to hunt us if he learns that we didn't do what he want. My family, eonnie. They are still in the syndicate's control, and your father will kill them." Chaeyoung said, as she put her chin on Mina's shoulder.

Mina couldn't say a word, as her gaze settled on the tattoo on her collarbone.

" I wish we weren't like this. I wish we were born differently." Mina said, as tears fell on her cheeks.

" You're too beautiful to cry, eonnie." Chaeyoung said, as she put kisses on Mina's neck, Mina releasing a breathy moan as she faced Chaeyoung and kissed her.

Mina pulled away for a moment, unsure as she looked at Chaeyoung's eyes, an expression of shock written on her features--

Before Mina could move away, Chaeyoung pulled Mina and kissed her again, then hugged her afterwards.

"You're a gamble I'm willing to bet on with my everything, eonnie. We will get through this together; we will destroy the syndicate and help the agency." Chaeyoung said, as she tiptoed and put a kiss on Mina's forehead, the two smiling--

"Mina-- oh my God!" Eunha exclaimed, as Mina chuckled, casually picking up her sweater and sweatpants, wearing it and making sure that Eunha did not see her tattoo.

"Before you think of anything, we didn't do anything, I swear, eonnie." Chaeyoung said, as Eunha raised a brow, visibly curious.

"Then why is Mina naked, and why are you here, your lipstick smeared and Mina having a smear of lipstick on her lips that is absolutely from you?" Eunha said, Mina chuckling and giving Eunha a gummy smile.

"Your skills of deduction are incredible, eonnie. No wonder a leader fell for you." Mina said, as Eunha blushed red, but glared at the two.

"Just so you know, the president ordered us to return to our rooms. So you, little cub, go out now. Continue your lovey dovey when you get the chance." Eunha said, as Chaeyoung hugged Mina and left, Eunha raising a brow at Mina as she put on a gummy smile--

"Mind telling me about that tattoo on your collarbone, Mina-ssi?" Eunha said, as Mina's smile disappeared.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"Wake up, people!" Sojung said, as Lisa groaned, but got up, tying her hair as she stretched.

"What... Sojung eonnie, it's just five am! You do know we settled in last night at already one am?" Sooyoung groaned, as Sojung nodded.

"The first room to get up and cook their own breakfast gets an incentive on the trainings later." Sojung said, Lisa's eyes brightening as she shook and slapped the others awake.

Soon the five of them crept up to the kitchen, making their breakfasts--

"LISA! YOU BURNT THE PANCAKES!" Sojung shouted, as the three others laughed while the eldest took care of the problem.

Sinb, meanwhile, absentmindedly watched the others, assisting them as she confessed that she doesn't know how to cook (unlike Lisa who didn't really know how to cook, but volunteered to make pancakes).

She missed Yerin, even if the girl didn't miss her back.

"Sinb!" Sojung shouted, as Sinb broke from her daze.

"W-What?" Sinb asked, as Sojung smiled at her dongsaeng's silliness.

"The rice is burning." Lisa pointed out, as Sinb widened her eyes and checked the rice cooker that she was supposed to watch, but found it already turned off, Lisa smiling at her.

"We're already starting to eat. Come on, the training starts in an hour." Sojung said, as Sinb got up from her seat and went to the table, eating her share of the food that they prepared.

"What's bothering you, Sinb-yah?" Sojung said, as Sinb sighed and finished another piece of Lisa's burnt pancakes.

"I'm actually scared of everything now. But I can't back out, it's too late to do so." Sinb said, as she pouted and finished eating, looking at Sojung.

"What are you so afraid of, specifically? Of dying? Because you learned that the leader of Eclipse died because of the syndicate?" Sojung asked, as Sinb slightly stiffened, but smiled.

Seulgi is alive, Sinb wanted to say, but Yong Sun gave her strict orders not to divulge any information about that, so she just nodded.

"I'm scared to die. But more importantly, I'm scared that I will lose anyone of you." Sinb said, as Sojung smiled at her answer.

"You won't lose us, Sin. You won't lose anyone of us, I promise--"

Yewon's shouts pierced the silence, Sojung's eyes widening as she dashed out of the room, Sinb following her towards the meeting room where Joohyun and Sinb once went in because of--

No. That's where Seulgi eonnie is held. Sinb thought as she pulled Sojung aside.

"Call Yong Sun eonnie and bring her here!" Sinb said, Yong Sun nodding as Sojung left, Sinb slowly opening the door.

Sinb's eyes widened as she saw Seulgi backing away from the maknae as Yewon clutched her shoulder, a ball pen stabbed on her shoulder--

"Yewon!"