Cue- The competition.

The curly brunette was laughing with his only friend in the class, Hercules, when a cute- dark skinned guy came in. Cute is an understatement. He was.. wow. Hercules must have noticed, he stopped talking- instead, sighing and shaking his head. "What is it- another 'cute' guy.. plea-" He choked on his words when he saw. Well. He was wrong. The guy is definitely cute. "Holy shit"

Laurens just nodded, practically drooling. "Holy shit is right." He murmured. Hercules smirked, scooting one seat away from John and waving the kid down.

"New kid! Hey- over here, come sit with us!" John snapped his head towards him, looking at him with a raised eyebrow. Of course, the idiot called him over. He silently groaned and laid his head down, he stayed like that for a while.

"And this- is my good friend Laurens, John Laurens." John snapped his head up at that- looking at them. "Say Hi, John."

The male smiled and held his hand out. "Hi. I'm James Madison. It's- nice to meet you Mister Laurens."

John smiled and chuckled, taking the hand- a small surge of his confidence back. "No need for formalities. A cutie like you can call me John."

James blushed slightly. "Oh. Well is it okay with you if I call you- the cutest man on earth?"

"That title is already taken hun."

"By who?"

"You"

James chuckled and smiled again, leaning in a bit. "I have a feeling I'm gonna like you.." he said, looking the mans face up and down.

"I already like you, cutie." John replied, leaning in a bit too.

"Now I officially like you." He giggled slightly, leaning in slightly more, biting his lip in thought. "Freckles."

"How adorable."

"Alright. Class is starting."

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Thomas ran to retrieve James from the class, happy to run across the school for his friend/ crush. He stopped dead in his tracks though, when he saw John Laurens. One arm above James' head, and against the other in his own pocket. He was smirking down at James, James smiling up at him with one arm around his neck. They were.. flirting. They were too close. Wayyyyyy too close for Thomas liking. "James...?"

James turned to see Thomas, slightly blushing and smiling. "Thomas! Hi- This is my new friend, Joh-"

"John Laurens. I know who he is."

"Oh- sweet. Uhm, he was gonna show me to my next class. He also has it- so if you don't have the same class, you don't have to worry about taking me."

"I- I still want to.. so I can pick you up at that one and we can go to 3rd hour together."

"Oh- I could just tell you wher-"

"I wanna take you. Please, it's your first day Jemmy. He can come too."

"Jemmy. That's cute." John butted in, smirking. "I want a cute nickname for you."

"That name is my thing-"

"How about I call him mine-" John said, more to James, and James smiled.

"Not so fast freckles. It takes more than that to make me fall for ya'"

"I'm willing to take on that challenge."

"We'll see." James smirked, pulling John down to kiss his cheek before walking away a bit and going to Thomas.

John just bit his lip and followed.

This was going to be a long day.