What if i dont want it to be?

"Bye John, than you for the awesome date!" James giggled. "Take me out again and we'll see about another kiss!" He called, before closing the door and smiling widely.

"So, I guess it went that well huh.." Thomas murmured, sadly. James was slightly shocked he was still there, figuring he'd had left by now.

"Thomas what are you still doing here? It's like.. been three hours."

"S'just that I missed you.." he mumbled, and James couldn't help but smile a bit fondly.

"Alright, dork. Get up and pick a movie- I'll get on the popcorn." Thomas immediately perked up at that.

"Really? Wait we're really gonna have movie night?"

"Why not, Tommy? I mean you can even spend the night and tomorrow you and I can have a best friend day."

"Yeah... yeah- sounds great.."

"Thomas what the hell is wrong? Why are you acting like this I'm giving you a whole da-"

"What if I want it to be a date?"

What.

James' mind started racing and his eyes widened for a minute.

"J-James?"

"Huh? Oh- yeah uh.. why?"

"I like you. I've liked you since middle school, James and I never thought I'd have to fight for you but I mean you're fucking drop dead gorgeous so yeah- of fucking course I would've had too and I guess that was just me not thinking and I wouldn't done this in a much better way and I jus—"

"Yes! Thomas- it can be a date, that's fine. Just calm down okay? You're rambling..." James said, coming closer and cupping his face, a gesture he mean to be friendly, to help calm him.

Thomas, however- did not take it that way, and instead leaned in for a kiss. On instinct, James only froze a bit before pulling away and shaking his head, clearing his throat. "Wait- Uh... wait until the date, please. I just- I already kissed John- and I don't wanna.. be- that kinda person-"

"Yeah no I get it! S' totally cool- it's great-"

"Thomas!"

"Mm?"

"Pick a movie. Please. I'll be back with the popcorn." He said and left Thomas with a kiss on the forehead.

And little did Thomas know. John saw the whole thing. I mean, the window was open.