3.

Neil's mind worked according to how he would do if a convict would've escaped. Reach the place where he's most likely to go. And he was most likely to go to his Avni. He would be caught there so he chose to go back to his home instead.

... After breaking free from those cold handcuffs, he called Prakash. "Hello dad? Please don't cut the call and don't say my name out aloud. Just let me talk to Avni once. Please. Please dad I beg you." Neil spoke in a go, cold sweat breaking out on his face. He was terrified to get caught. He just needed to remove the confusion.

"She's not in the position to, Neil. Why don't you come here?" His ever so kind dad asked, unaware what blunder Neil had made himself enter into.

"Dad I can't. I really can't. Isn't she fine now? Kya ho gaya usey?" Neil asked, biting his lip to stop being vulnerable. Whenever she was in the hospital and someone else kept updating hum about her, he felt uneasy. His soul recieved peace only when he was able to see her with his own eyes. She was someone who he could see endlessly. She was the image that his eyes desired to see always, and laboured under the same belief.

"We found her in a really pathetic condition Neil. Mowgli called us to help her reach the hospital, he's a kid after all. Neil weren't you aware about this? You were at home only right? Didn't you wake up?" Prakash inquired because he didn't grasp a chance earlier to talk to his son. Despite his son's hatred for his daughter, he loved him because he was his after all. And there was an inexplicable certitude in him for Neil, that he would sort it out with her.

"I was drunk. I'm sorry." Guilt is the worst demon to bear; it strangles you from inside in such a way that amending later seems like fetching the only ray of light, hope in a room full of dark, extending from everywhere.

"I asked you to not drink anymore. Didn't I? Neil you're a father now! That too of a child who's very tender, both in age and mental state. You need to act responsibly. Maana ki Avni tumhare liye kuch maayine nahi rakhti par Mowgli ke liye to hai na? Tumhare bache ki maa hai vo. She is very fragile right now. Though she's out of danger, there's no guarantee. You should come." There was hopelessness in his voice, obviously.

Mowgli hated him, that was now more obvious.

Neil chose to narrate everything to him, except for the domestic violence case. "Neil I forbid you to move out or to speak to anyone else about it. Alright? We're trying to get Avni back home and get her treated here only." There was restlessness in him after listening to it.

"Neil? Kuch yaad to hoga? Tumnr kiya ye sab?" He asked a little later. Neil hesitated. "Dad if I would have remembered, I would have surrendered. I don't know. It's Avni who's gonna tell us this. I need to see her and I'm coming." He needed to get his head clear.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"YOU DARE TRY TO OUTSMART ME DUMB-ASS? The officer held Neil's collar. "Let's just ask Avni. There has been a confusion officer." Neil spoke politely. He was on the verge of loosing his cool.

"Doctor can she talk to us?, For just one second?" The officer asked not letting him go. The doctor gave a nod asking us not to press her mental stress too far.

The officer dragged Neil with him inside the ward.

"Avni did he push you down yesterday? Did he hit you?" His voice was too loud.

"Careful. Keep that tone low. Can't you see her condition?" Neil asked glaring at him.

There was no time to describe her condition then: he just needed a nod or denial.

They went closer to her and asked more softly.

"Avi? Did I push you?" Neil asked, holding her hand very gently. Avni stared at him for a while.

Amidst the fractures, she head shook a bit so did her eyes and then she closed them.

Neil was cleared of all charges .
But Avni's response was incoherent.

Precap:- "Avni puttar who pushed you. I need to know." Prakash asked, holding a stumbling and panting Avni. His eyes lost all hope when Avni raised her hand, to point at Neil and then fell unconscious, denying to give any justification.