1. LIVE PERFORMANCE

Vflower stepped out on stage, her dark purple suit blending in with the dimmed light of the stage. This is it. She thought to herself. My first time singing live. I'll finally be seen by the world. I hope I'm ready for it. She snickered to herself. More like, I hope the world is ready for me!  

Vflower, or Flower for short, was a long-haired gothic Vocaloid with an impressively strong voice. She was only a few years old, as she was just a V3, but she was as ready as ever to preform live for everyone who liked her music enough to watch her live. Which wasn't a lot of people, as she wasn't the most popular Vocaloid.

As if on cue, the lights flashed on, showcasing her in her fullest. The audience took a good look at her, before thunderous applause echoed around the large auditorium. She took off her tophat for a flirtatious bow, flicking her long hair to the side. The music then started.

kyou made no kioku no
zenbu o keshite shimau toki made
nemurenai

ashita kara ikite iku
jibun no migawari ga hoshikute
tamaranai
daijoubu to iwasete
ato kara kimino sei ni sasete wa
kurenai ka
imasara imi nai kara
go kara kimino sei ni sasete wa
kurenai ka

dekinai yakusoku o

toutou to afureru
hitokoto hitokoto bakari ni
nou o ubawareru kurai
imi o nase nai nani mo dekinai
mienai nigetai tobitai yametai
sorasenai

dakarai
shizume shizume
hai agarenai hodo made
akiru made
otose otose
sukui tarasu toki made

douse nara
ubae ubae
kainarashita
uso abaite
nietagiru atama ni yogitta
kyozou o mite ita
jibun o mite ita

She belted out her last line, then danced around the stage before the music came to an end. Once it did, the audience went wild. She then smiled and walked off stage. 

"Vflower! Amazing job out there!" Her manager congratulated her and handed her a glass of water. "Fixer's one of your best songs. It's a shame you were only scheduled to sing the short version, but it seems like the crowd liked your show." 

Flower sighed and took a drink. "Yeah, and it was great. Thanks for this opportunity, but..." Her manager looked concerned. "I just wish I was less of a background character, you know?" She frowned. "I mean, I just got off stage and Miku's already out there." 

He manager looked at Flower with a sympathetic smile. "Honey, I wish I could do more for you, I really do. But remember, a vocaloid's purpose is to sing for her fans. And while you're still quite popular, other 'loids like Gumi and Miku are what the fans come to these shows for. The fans come first." 

Flower frowned. The fans come first? What about my feelings? "I... I understand. The fans always come first." She finished. 

"That's right! Good girl. You've always been a compliant one. You're definitely high on my list for a V4. Now, we must be going. Your friends are waiting outside!" 

Flower followed without question. At least she would get to see her friends before she went home. 

As they left the auditorium and entered the parking lot from backstage, Flower caught sight of her friends, Fukase, Piko, Oliver, and Len in their bright red car. They were waving to her, Oliver standing up a little bit with a cheerful smile. Fukase was driving and Len was in the back with Piko and Oliver. That made Flower smile a little bit. They always made Flower smile. 

Her manager waved her goodbye and she walked back into the building, awaiting her next client. Flower heaved a great sigh and walked over to the car, hopping into the passenger seat. Everyone greeted her and Fukase started to drive away. 

"Heya Flowey, how was your 'big debut'?" Len said the last words with grandeur. Len and Flower were great friends. He was someone that she liked  to hang out with when she wanted to have a really wacky and interesting time. 

"Eh. Going on stage was fun, but it was a bit underwhelming, to be honest. I only had one song. The short version of that one song." Flower huffed. 

"Well, at least you got to go on stage. Me and the rest, except mister popular of course," Piko glanced at Len, "Have never been on stage before." Piko and Flower were very close. Back in elementary school, they were rivals, and fought about everything. As they got older, they started to see each other more equally and became really good friends. 

"I think it's crazy cool that you got to have this opportunity, but I understand it probably didn't feel like enough. You did an amazing job with what you had, though! I watched the livestream. You were incredible!" Oliver said with stars in his eyes. 

Flower always thought of Oliver as a little brother. Almost all of the crew thought that, but his bond with Flower was special. Flower had stood up for him when he was just entering elementary school and was being bullied, and he clung to her ever since. She taught him almost everything he knew. 

"Thanks Ollie." Flower turned around and Pat Oliver on his head. 

"Well, think of it this way. Be glad you didn't have to preform an embarrassing song that's too popular for it's own good. I don't think I need to bring that up. Len and Piko have been good to me lately." Fukase smirked. Piko and Len got slightly pale. Flower laughed a little bit.

Fukase and Flower had known each other since elementary school. They were each other's first friends.

Most of the ride home was spent with laughter and fun, but it soon got late and they were all getting tired.

Flower then fell asleep, closing her purple eyes.