Chapter 22: Alyssa.

It is Monday. Which means school. Calvin picked me up. When we arrived at school, one of Calvin's friend came to us and said, "Yo, Calv! How's it going?"

"Nothing much," Calvin said.

His friend, by the way, his name is Cory. He said, "Dude, I can't believe you're already a dad."

"Yeah, me either, but I am. I love the mother of my son." He puts his arms around me.

I said, "Let's get to class."

Mr. Kostoff was waiting at the door for us. He said to us, "Hurry up and get in class. I have an announcement to make." He pointed his finger at me and Calv. "It invloves you two." We headed inside.

I said to Calvin, "Go sit with your friends."

He said, "But I wanna sit with you."

"Just go, Calv."

He went to go sit with his friends. I sat by Katelynn like always.

I said to her, "No, he didn't spend the night." I knew that she was gonna ask if Calvin had spend the night.

She said, "Dangit. You know me too well."

Mr. Kostoff said, "Well, I'm sure most of... no, all of you know about the incident that happened last Tuesday. Involving Serena and Calvin, and my step-daughter, Ms. Krypton, or Valentina, and my son, Ken."

Somebody yelled out, "We know! It was all over the news! Kinda..."

I asked, "Ms. Krypton is your step-daughter and Ken is your son?"

He answered, "Yes. They're in jail because of you and Calvin!"

Calvin said, "Woah, woah, Mr. Kostoff. They started it."

Somebody knocked on the door. Mr. Kostoff opened it. It was a girl.

Mr. Kostoff said, "Well, it looks like we got a new student. What's your name?"

She replied, "My... my name is Alyssa."

She looks so innocent and sweet, and also seems shy. She held her books close.

Mr. Kostoff said, "Well, Alyssa, take a seat. Anywhere you like." She took the seat infront of me.

Mr. Kostoff said, "Okay students. Do whatever you want. I don't have a lesson for today, so do whatever."

Cory asks, "So we can smoke pot, right?"

"Yeah, if you wanna get expelled."

One of Calvin's friend, Bob said, "Oh, dude! You just got roasted!"

I tap on Alyssa's shoulder.

She turned around and said, "Hi, i'm... i'm Alyssa..."

Katelynn said, "Yeah, we heard."

I said, "Hi, I'm Serena, and this is Katelynn."

"I'm her best friend and she's my best friend."

"Katelynn..."

"Just letting her know."

I said, "Anyways, what school did you come from?"

She said, "I came from New York, actually."

"Oh. Well, welcome to L.A., Alyssa."